Dale Walker Hole Shot Exhaust

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

ChrisG

I really love my 06 FJR but I can't remember the last bike I had with a stock exhaust so I want to put slip ons or a full system on it.

I have looked at the Hole Shot headers and slip ons and for the money they seem like the way to go. Good quality, nice design and I’m not buying from a big company just some guy that's into bikes for all the right reasons.

So my question is do the headers fit the 06? If anyone can confirm this (maybe with pictures) I am going to step up and place my order. I will probably wait until the PCIII is out for the 06 but at least I can stop wearing my keyboard out searching for exhausts. :)

Thanks

Chris G

Bump***

I see this is a very old thread but, I too am looking at Holeshots for my 06. anyone have experience with these that they want to share with us?

Bump***
I see this is a very old thread but, I too am looking at Holeshots for my 06. anyone have experience with these that they want to share with us?
there were some old posts written about the aftermarket header midpipes scraping during turns. (I think they were written about muzzy headers).

You might use this link from our friends at Google: holeshot header site:fjrforum.com and have a look.

Dale's site says GEN II uses the same header but you must "relieve" the centerstand bolts because Yamaha changed the bracket. From the few posts I read on the link I provided, it looks like Gen II owners are having no problems.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do not have the headers, but I run the slip-ons. NO issues what-so-ever. I see no reason why the header would not fit just fine. If you are buying new, it is designed to fit. If you are buying used from Gen 1, the engine has not changed and I don't believe the routing is different. In fact, my slip-ons for my 08 are from my 05. Waste-not, want-not. I say GO FOR IT, but be aware that the header/slip-on combination is a little loud. I left the stock header and just did the slip-ons... PERFECTION!

I can verify that the full system is very very loud...

In fact i am about to go back to the stock mufflers with the headers hopefully that will be the right combo.

R

I can verify that the full system is very very loud...In fact i am about to go back to the stock mufflers with the headers hopefully that will be the right combo.

R
Now THAT'S a shift from the defense of the noise you were presenting on older threads! :eek:

Even when I have/had my Holeshot sip-ons installed, Mike's (feejer/weejer man) bike is much louder with the complete system. I thought it was that his slip-ons were THE original FJR design from Dale Walker and might need to be repacked. His ARE loud...close to "obnoxious". One of the reasons I took mine off is because of the complaints, though mild comments, from those who ride along on the group rides I lead.

Well, that and the fact that I rather enjoy listening to my Garmin 2730's XM radio capability and the slip-on mufflers tend to drown it out. Its all part of being an "Olde Pharte"!

I have Holeshots with Staintune's and with the baffle installed its very loud without its way to loud!

Cary

Mine were the original cans before the header came out. One of the first set Dale installed. They were packed differently because of the oem header to make a little sound. Then when I installed the header they were indeed a little loud. But since I have had the cans changed out to the ones that come with the full system and they are indeed a little quieter but I love the sound and I say to each his own. I like the little extra performance with the PCIII, custom map, and the weight savings. Also the cats are eliminated saving some heat. I don't know if I would do it again. I kept the oem exhaust system in case I decide to go back to stock.

The header plus stock muffs produce a very nice sound, a little louder than stock, but nowheres near as loud as the combo gets to be after some miles and, ah, some hefty mister twister on that thing on the right.............. ;)

The header plus stock muffs produce a very nice sound, a little louder than stock, but nowheres near as loud as the combo gets to be after some miles and, ah, some hefty mister twister on that thing on the right.............. ;)
Hmmmmm....a new definition for: "Blow it out your rear"?

I have the hole shot slip ons. They are the perfect combo with the stock header. Nice sound. Just loud enough that I can get peoples attention but not to loud that I wake the neighborhood when leave early in the morning.

John

The best way to answer the question is to call Dale yourself. He is a very personable guy and eager to speak with his customers. I've bought several pipes from him and just ordered the Black Satin Slip-on's. I spoke with him about buying the header as well. His advise was to buy the slip-ons first before I spend money unwisley. The slip-ons require no re-mapping and relieve the engine of some of it's heat along with better music as the cats in the pipe are gone for better flow. He'll let you know if the headers will fit. Ray (new member)