Darkest Shoei Helmet Shield??

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TriggerT

Mr. Impatient
Reaction score
Since I bought a X-11 a few weeks ago, I now need to get a tinted shield for daytime riding. In the past I have always gone with the mirrored shield, but I'm now wondering if the dark smoke tint is darker. Has anyone ever compared these two side by side?

Don't have any experience with the mirrored shield but presently have the dark smoke shield and love it. Just don't try to ride in hard rain or night time. I also got the crap scared out of me the first time I rode thru a tunnel , completely blind until I raised the shield.

If you can put up with the above draw backs the shield is great and I will buy another to raplace it when the time comes.

Mac

Since I bought a X-11 a few weeks ago, I now need to get a tinted shield for daytime riding. In the past I have always gone with the mirrored shield, but I'm now wondering if the dark smoke tint is darker. Has anyone ever compared these two side by side?
Dark smoke tint is darker than mirror.

I personally don't like the darkest tint they have... My 'scripts combined with that shield distort colors and sometimes vision in the right conditions. I much prefer the slightly mirrored visor, FWIW.

+1, actually quite a bid from my experience. My eyes are very sensitive to bright light. If it's sunny, i wear Prescription sunglasses and dark shield. I even wear a light smoke shield at night.

+1, actually quite a bid from my experience. My eyes are very sensitive to bright light. If it's sunny, i wear Prescription sunglasses and dark shield. I even wear a light smoke shield at night.

And I though I was the only one that used 'script sunglasses and smoke shield !! B)

maybe shoei makes a dark, mirrored shield? never seen an option, but you might check into it. i like the way mirrored shields look, but the one on my arai is barely tinted at all.

I have a mirrored visor - works great here in Tucson. I also ride at night with it. But, during the day - I have sunglasses & the visor.

Diane

I have a mirrored visor - works great here in Tucson. I also ride at night with it. But, during the day - I have sunglasses & the visor.
Diane
I'm with Hot Wheels on this one.....but up here in the"Great White North" :cold: .....nice to see that your not alone with the script glasses & visor eh Dave :aacool: ..... :derisive: .....