Darkside Sidecar

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are a number of that style sidecar in the U.S., also on Hayabusas, ZX14s and Blackbirds. It's an entire sub-frame that the power unit attaches too (hence the leading link front suspension, etc.). They used to be imported and constructed by Hannigan Motorsports but they are no longer in business (at least their website no longer exists).

That's.

just

WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :blink:
Uh...NOOOOOOOOOOO!

That's

just

D-I-F-F-E-R-E-N-T.

As I journey in to full-blown senior citizenry I have always held the opinion that I could convert my FJR to a sidecar rig. I love the bike but, should I ever get to the point of lacking leg strength, it's an option I'm willing to explore.

It may be undesirable to some but, to me, it would be better than driving a cage every day.

I didn't see any mention of a reverse gear made in the ad. That said, I did manage without reverse for a year in a '64 GTO when a girlfriend jammed the four speed between 1st and reverse and let out the clutch. :blink:

I'd like to go for a spin either in it or on it, looks like fun !

Last edited by a moderator:
Here you go mike, a quick install howtoFJR RDS install
Gee, thanks Chris. Wouldn't it be easier to buy the one in the ad? It's already done and ready to ride. :dntknw:
Actually I think it is the one in the ad.

I've been contemplating a hack for some time but more in style of a Ural patrol and then take it out to explore some of the real back roads around here, they are great for carrying supplies for multi day ADV trips, the dog etc.

Chris

Looks "interesting" except for the fact that you can't unplug it and ride just your bike. This is not so much a side car, but a conversion into some sort of three-wheel........trying to think of a nice way to say monstrosity.

Has anyone seen a true "sidecar" for an FJR? (One that can connect and disconnect easily)?

Ahh I knew I had seen this before on the SV forum...

DSC02108.jpg

DSC02109.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: