Darn Signal Lights!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Califoniyahman!

Reaction score
First time for me on this site. Well the worst thing on my 06 FJR is the turn signals don't auto cancel after turning a corner.

I tried to get an aftermarket module and can for $119.00 but it takes 3.5 hrs for my dealer to install at $109/hr.

Get the picture?, yeah close to 500 bucks for a feature most 400cc Yamahas had back in 1975.

My idea: Would like to purchase a small set of lights I can mount up by the windsheild that blink in unison with the turn

signals so I can see that I have left them on after turning a corner!. How do I get into the signal wiring to find the turn

signal wires to attach little signal light wires too??? Nay threads or ideas?. Help, I understand the new Kawi Concours doesn't

have the cancellation feature either. Ok I will stop swearing!.

Californiahman! - I am in Calgary Alberta!. CANADA

thumbs_up.jpg

Best self cancel out there. You just have to rememebr to use it :p

I never have to worry about it. I never use 'em in the first place. You never have to cancel them if you don't turn them on.

Last edited by a moderator:
For the other side of the story, go over to the Gold Wing forum and listen to them ask how to disconnect the auto-cancel feature. <_< :rolleyes:

With a little forum research you probably could install the aftermarket module yourself. For some beer you might get some help from a forum member!

BTW as you might have guessed from the previous posts this subject has been often discussed in these parts.

Howdy Canuck. Are you a displaced Californian or just a wannabe? The jokers on this board will razz you if you don't search first. Use google to search for "signal cancel site:fjrforum.com" and you will have many answers.

(and on Friday, they will razz you just because it's Friday and they start drinking at breakfast.)

I was lucky enough to get one of the models that came equipped with a little yellow light dealie right on the dash that blinks when the signals are on. I think you musta got rooked.

Other than that, though, nice bike. Right? Enjoy the forum. :lol:

Instead of lights, mount a little mirror on the windshield that reflects the turn indicators already built into the dash.

Prolly cheaper. :p

And pressing the turn indicator to cancel as you shift to second is a good habit.

An in-expensive way to fix just go buy two time delay relays with adjustale times on them and use them .

they will cancel after so many seconds like set for 10 secs. they cancel easy to wire in