Das Boot is Melting!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coyotedude

Reaction score
Ok, so I must have Shrek sized feet, but the inside left heel is kissing the hot pipe on occasion and leaving

some goo that is a bitch to get off. 0000 steel wool is the only solution thus far, and that's getting old. Is there

an aftermarket cover or slip-on of some sort to provide some insulation? I searched, but me no findy.

thanks!

yeah there is guards that you can put on to prevent this. In the mean time, oven cleaner will clean the goo off the pipes lickety split.

Check out these also on fleabay

YAMAHA FJR1300 FJR EXHAUST HEEL HEAT SHIELD GUARD SS NR

Item number: 190297661525

These look like they last forever

Now I think I might buy a pair...

Check out these also on fleabayYAMAHA FJR1300 FJR EXHAUST HEEL HEAT SHIELD GUARD SS NR

Item number: 190297661525

These look like they last forever

Now I think I might buy a pair...
I bought a set of these last year, work great. I'd recommend them.

I just ordered a set from Ebay, seemed reaonable. The slots look decent and will allow some heat dissipation w/o cooking my boot.

Thought about taking them down to the local powder coater to see if they have a high heat coating of some sort, the stainless in the

Ebay pics look unpolished or dull looking. I'll decide after seeing them.

Thanks again.

They have a brushed finish on them. I think they look good that way. Sorta match the gray on motor and surrounding parts.

Linky no worky, Iggy.

Dude - Iggy was trying to send you Here.
Also check out the shields Here. Specifically the TARGA sport bike shields about half way down. Spalking posted this link a while back and a couple people seemed to like them. I like them better than the solid ones, and I espcecially like the colors.