Denver rides

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tarpon57

Reaction score
Just a teaser to get everyone interested in NAFO. I live in the Denver area and assure you there are rides for everyone here. I agree with some ot the posters that making FJR Central somewhere on the west or northwest of Denver gives the best access to both mountain rides and Downtown Denver and Boulder.

This link is to the local VTX Rider website listing of some local rides. (My slower bike is a VTX):Ride Linky

Problem is that Denver is a big city with lots of traffic -- much better to lock it in a small place if possible. Montrose on the western slope is a great location. My High Country Cruisers group has been going over there for 4-5 days in August for years. Lots of mountain rides and lots of cayons also. This past summer I organized an informal gathering for some of the folks that hang-out on a Gold Wing forum (I have both a FJR and a Wing) -- late July. Great time. About 150 bikes and 250 people. I swore that there would only be one, but we are doing it one more time for 2008, 4-8 June 2008, Montrose, CO. Here is a photo with about 65 of the bikes, taken at Dallas Divide with the San Juan Mountains in the background. Beautiful spot. Would look really nice with a bunch of FJR's also.

183642524-L.jpg

If folks would like to check out the info, go to Rockies-Gold 2008 -- go to the Montrose Rides page where you can see some of the routes with photos to show you some of the great sights. Just throwing it out today since I know that dates, etc are up in the air right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Problem is that Denver is a big city with lots of traffic -- much better to lock it in a small place if possible. Montrose on the western slope is a great location. My High Country Cruisers group has been going over there for 4-5 days in August for years. Lots of mountain rides and lots of cayons also. This past summer I organized an informal gathering for some of the folks that hang-out on a Gold Wing forum (I have both a FJR and a Wing) -- late July. Great time. About 150 bikes and 250 people. I swore that there would only be one, but we are doing it one more time for 2008, 4-8 June 2008, Montrose, CO. Here is a photo with about 65 of the bikes, taken at Dallas Divide with the San Juan Mountains in the background. Beautiful spot. Would look really nice with a bunch of FJR's also.
If folks would like to check out the info, go to Rockies-Gold 2008 -- go to the Montrose Rides page where you can see some of the routes with photos to show you some of the great sights. Just throwing it out today since I know that dates, etc are up in the air right now.
Hello Dave T,

I was going to attend this year's Rockies-Gold, but conflicting dates (WFO) kinda got in the way. Hope to see you out that way next year, if I can squeeze it in.

We were in that area two years ago and stayed in Nederland. Small town and close to Dever and Boulder. Nice roads too! See pic.

2038018209_be2078f41d_b.jpg