DerbyCycles.NET

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dcarver

Reaction score
Here's the deal. Saw this thread from RenoJohn - good price on PR2CT's, free shipping.

Went to DerbyCycles.com and ordered - and was charged $50 USD shipping! WTFO?

Called RJ, he said, yeah, free shipping, no joke. Derby is in Kentucky, Reno in Nevada, me in Kali, so what the hell?

Called DerbyCycles and they said...

Shipping charges apply if ordering via DerbyCycles.com

FREE shipping if ordered through DerbyCycles.net!

Don't ask me why. They guy I called said they would reverse the shipping charges on my order - I'll watch and see.

Just FYI.

I had to go back and check my receipt of where I ordered mine from. I guess I got lucky and went to the.net

My receipt and I'm in Cali

Thank you for recently shopping at Derby Cycles. Your order placed at https://www.derbycycles.net on 3/26/2010 has been updated.

Order Number: 1365530

Order Status: Complete

Shipping Agency: FedEx

Order Subtotal: $235.89

Order Tax: $0.00

Order Shipping Charges: $0.00

Order Total: $235.89

Payment Method: Credit Card

Order:

Qty. Part Number Price Per Item Special Order Product Name

---- ----------- -------------- ------------- ------------

1 87-9678 $103.37 No PILOT® ROAD 2

1 87-9684 $132.52 No PILOT® ROAD 2

Yeah, that was .net addie you used..
Just ordered a set with the rear "B" spec from the .net site. Thanks for the heads up on the difference between the .com and the .net ...

87-9678 PILOT® ROAD 2 POSITION: Front - 120/70ZR17 total $103.37

87-9687 PILOT® ROAD 2 POSITION: Rear, NOTES: Designed for loaded touring or two-up riding - 180/55ZR17 “B”

total $155.62

Tax: $0.00

Shipping: $0.00 (2nd day Fed Ex)

Total: $258.99

I'm not sure which makes me feel better, no shipping charge or NO TAX on tax day!!!!

The exact same situation arose about two months ago when guys ordering from the .net site got a killer deal, and those of those that ordered off .com were charged a higher price and shipping. The original post pointing out the great price didn't specify the .net site, and it was only after some research that we figured things out. This isn't the first time...

yep, only use the .net sight

free shipping >$200

I ordered just a rear after contemplating getting 2 rears and 1 front

$145 for a rear plus $10 shipping FedEx

I'll get free shipping next time

I don't understand, why do they do that?

1. Just enjoy pissing people off?

2. Create an expensive site to make your regular site look better?

3. To many people on staff so keep them busy doing refunds?

Paid 258.99 for mine shipped free. After all the discussion from the other post Derby.net is the way to go. Funny thing is when you cash out it goes to .com. Still cheaper price? go figure. :unknw:

Don, thanks for the heads-up!

That is absolute bullshit.com and BS.net. Anyone pulling that crap needs a day in the woods.

Don, thanks for the heads-up!
That is absolute bullshit.com and BS.net. Anyone pulling that crap needs a day in the woods.
Hells yeah. That's pretty dishonest as far as I'm concerned. After seeing this sort of crap, I wouldn't buy from them no matter how cheap they are. They're going on my blacklist along with Skyway.