Derestricted busa??

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2nd post on the forum and it's about Busas? Hmmmm.......SUNNY...is that you?

Faster :dribble:

Mighty impressive SECOND post..... Not!

Go find the busa forum. They'd know. :glare:

Wonder how long before somebody takes this query serious.

:jester:

My guess,
Prolly 195 mph... Maybe more??

WW
Sure. Just change the stock gearing. Stock is 17 front/40 rear. This is what I run out here in the middle of nothing.

It's fast enough for me. Some run a 16/38 gear.

hh

101_0167.jpg

101_0175.jpg

With 18/40 mine would come real close to 189mph on an 04. That was on a dyno. :rolleyes: I'll be happy to test out the 08 when I get mine. :D

Not stock though. Pipe, chip, Power Commander, suspension mods, lowered, etc.

I doubt a bone-stock new one will do a true 200. Close, but in this speed range it takes ridiculous amounts of extra power to gain even a few mph and the old Busa was a good 10-15 mph short in stock form, and a lot of owners reported they couldn't hit the 186mph limiter.

- Mark

Not stock though. Pipe, chip, Power Commander, suspension mods, lowered, etc.

I doubt a bone-stock new one will do a true 200. Close, but in this speed range it takes ridiculous amounts of extra power to gain even a few mph and the old Busa was a good 10-15 mph short in stock form, and a lot of owners reported they couldn't hit the 186mph limiter.

- Mark
I don't disagree, but, the original post was asking how fast a derestricted model would go. Derestricted = not stock.

I would venture a guess that the limitations are probably also due to aerodynamic drag.