Diablo Stradas

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thug

A shy retiring flower in a Thug's exterior
Reaction score
Hi Gang

Had my front and rear replaced with a set of these puppies. Very nice... bike handles much better point and track even on some shitty surfaces but it may also had to do with new rubber hmmm...not sure but I do know they feel a lot better then my Mets 4's which I have to say where pretty good in all aspects even in a downpoor at highspeed or moderate twisty spanking!, that's until the started to ridge (on the rear) or cup on the front) a bit. I increased tyre pressure to front and rear to 40psi and noticed a big change in handling and also the front tyre did not cup as much.

Anyway stay tuned...I got about 8500K's out of the rear but the front still had plenty of wear to go but I changed it anyway for the sake of balance.

Cheers

;)

I'm running a set of Stradas on my wife's FZ6. She's only got about 500 miles on them and bike is put away for the winter. They feel pretty good, but then again so does ANY brand new set of tires compared with old worn out ones.

i have about 3500 miles on a set of diablo stradas. just got back from a day at Jennings GP track. Did maybe 100 miles of two up riding on the track and worked great... so far so good. the profile is much better compared to the MEZ4's and the performance is way better.

I really like my Stratas also. I have about 2300 miles on mine and the rear shows little to no wear. By that time in the life of my Mez4's it would already be flat in the middle of the tire. I would only get about 4500 miles out of a rear Mez4.

I am hoping (and the way it looks) to get more out of these tires. They also have added a lot of trust to my cornering. By that I mean, when you start a corner and flow through it, you know how the tires will re-act. I finally understand what everyone was saying about the suspension being shitting. That will be the next upgrade.

I would recommend them as another tire besides the Avon's.

Just my 2 cents,

Dana

Anyone have a direct comparison to the Avons? I went to Avons and now I don't want to mess with a "good thing." My buddy went to Stradas on his K-RS and he's a happy camper too, but too early to mention durability.

3600 on my Stradas and doing well. I never tried the Avons, but will probably stick with the Stradas anyway.

I did a little depth gauging on a new strada and is about .250 near the center. I have 1300 miles on mine. I did check and I only have .130 left. This tells me I will be lucky to get 3000 miles out of them. About the same I get out of the Avons (2500-3500 miles if I am lucky) . If it works out that way, I will be back on Avons, I think they have just a little better grip IMHO. :cownoy:

<snip> I will be back on Avons, I think they have just a little better grip IMHO. :cownoy:
So tell me how you got those Stradas to slide. I've been hammering the hell out of them and dragging pegs and never got a slide. You must be one hard riding Dude!

<snip> I will be back on Avons, I think they have just a little better grip IMHO.  :cownoy:
So tell me how you got those Stradas to slide. I've been hammering the hell out of them and dragging pegs and never got a slide. You must be one hard riding Dude!
I had mine slip early on (but not virgin), when they were cold. And I'm not anywhere near a peg draggin, hard chargin rider. Smitty just runs away from me. You know to smoke a set of tires in 3500 miles is pretty hard ridin.

For $30 a set less, and balance marks to boot, I think the Stradas are a great tire. I've never ridden the Avons yet, so I can't compare. But I have over 5K on my Pirelli's and I'm pretty pleased with them.

I think the strada's are a great tire. But the wear is a little deceiving . Looking at my rear tire it looks almost new. But get the depth gauge after it and it is a different story. To say I am hard on tire's.. Yes, I am on my 8th rear, and 5th front for the year.. I am not a long distance rider, I just ride the twisty's. I can get the strada's (rear) to break loose going in to a corner(backing it in). The avons will come loose once in a while, but not very often... Both are a great tire..

To give smittys tire life story some perspective, I am not gentle on Frank at all, and so far I have 10,000 on my Avons, with a few thou to go before wear bar city.

To give smittys tire life story some perspective, I am not gentle on Frank at all, and so far I have 10,000 on my Avons, with a few thou to go before wear bar city.
What, your roads made of velvet up there? I know you take it sorta easy in the curves, but even straight lining it I don't think I'd get much more than 8,000. I wonder how much less wear occurs when riding in the wet... Any idea how many wet miles you have on those Avons?

Brun, feel the power of Google. ;)
Well, duh! Of course I could take the easy way out. Heck, I could have even went to the Pirelli site and looked up a dealer there!! :beee:

I could just Google everything instead of hang out here with you cronies, but where would the fun be in that? Google has no jokes, no pretty colors, and most importantly, no asshats to pick fights with.

No offense to any asshats, of course.

-BD

Brun, feel the power of Google. ;)
Well, duh! Of course I could take the easy way out. Heck, I could have even went to the Pirelli site and looked up a dealer there!! :beee:

I could just Google everything instead of hang out here with you cronies, but where would the fun be in that? Google has no jokes, no pretty colors, and most importantly, no asshats to pick fights with.

No offense to any asshats, of course.

-BD
Hey, give me a break, wouldja? I'm working on 3,000 posts. Hmmmm. Maybe I'll start a new light bulb thread...

Oh, and pick one: Am I an asshat or a crony. One cannot be both at the same time. I think there is a rule about that somewhere in the ethers... Personally, I'd prefer 'asshat', as of yet, I've not been called that - at least publically...

:****:

...Oh, and pick one: Am I an asshat or a crony. One cannot be both at the same time. I think there is a rule about that somewhere in the ethers... Personally, I'd prefer 'asshat', as of yet, I've not been called that - at least publically...

:****:
Oh, you're right... my bad.

I guess I am calling you a crony. I don't really know why and it doesn't really fit, as you are most definately a free thinker.

Damn. Now my post isn't as funny as I thought it was.

-BD