Diagnostic Mode/fault codes

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Last Chance

Reaction score
I want to "erase" the "tip-over" fault codes from the ECU. As near as I can tell on the '06 that would be #30 when in Diagnostic mode. According to my reading I have none. I disconnected the battery for 5 days while working on the electrical system. Would that "reset" the ECU and wipe the memory?

LC

Disconnecting the battery will not reset the codes. In the Diagnostic mode you can see a listing of stored codes by viewing dI:61; go to dI:62 and toggle the red Run switch on the handlebar OFF then ON again to clear all the codes from memory. This list of codes is correct but not complete for Gen II bikes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ion is correct. You can actually SEE and erase the codes on #62 alone. There can also be codes on #60. #62 erases codes in both 60 and 61.

Just one word of caution: Before entering the diagnostic mode, set your kill switch to OFF buddy. You only turn it to ON when you're on the code you want to activate or reset. Good luck.

JC

Read this!

Reprinted here for you who are "challenged":

Diagnostic Mode(Appears to be the same for '03 - '05)

To enter Diagnostic Mode: Have the key turned off (kill switch on) and press the Select and Reset together. Turn the key to on and hold the buttons for about 8 seconds. A screen will apear that reads "d1 AG". release the buttons.

(so far, same as prior models)

Use the "SELECT" select "Co" adjustment or the diagnostic mode "d1 AG". Press Select and Reset for 2 seconds. "d:01" should appear on the clock if you did everything right.

Press "SELECT" for the next code, Press "RESET" for the previous code.

Codes go from d:01 to d:70 -- go buy a manual for the codes.

Note: Lean Angle Sensor (Overturned Motorcycle) Fault code: 30

Scroll through the diagnostic codes to:

61 (the history of fault codes). If you see a 0 at the bottom right then there are no trouble codes. However if you see a number 30 that is the code for an over turned motorcycle. If you have the code 30 and want to erase it. Press the select button and go to number 62 (erase history code). Then turn the kill switch off, then back on again. This will erase this and any other codes stored in the memory. Then turn the key off to go back to normal operations. If you have any more codes I suggest you order the big book from FJR Goodies to problem solve or take it to your dealer.