Digital Camera Mount?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CAJW

Reaction score
Here's my cockpit, any ideas as how to mount my digital camera to the right side ? (brake reservior area) since the right side mirror mount isn't tapped like the left side. Really don't want to use velcro, prefer to use a RAM mount, but not sure of the best set up. Any and all ideas that are in use would be appreciated as searches of this forum didn't yield what I need as the stem mount is already used for my 2730 .
Cockpitpics002.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Vibes. Vibes bad. Camera no like vibes...

Izzat a RAM or Tech Mount below the GPS? Reason I ask is that's the only place digi gadgets seem to like. Run a flat plate on top (sans GPS, of course), and use a thumb screw through that into the tripod mount.

Ram control mount to the brake perch, then shorty ram arm and camera base (thread into the camera).

This:

RAM-HB2_thumb.jpg

Plus an arm:

and

This:

RAM-B-202A.jpg

It's been done, with big digital cameras too.

I would just throw your camera into your tank bag and use the Bulletcams to do all of the video work that way your cameras only job is to record.

has the best set-up I have seen and he uses the Bulletcam.

Last edited by a moderator:
Vibes. Vibes bad. Camera no like vibes...
Izzat a RAM or Tech Mount below the GPS? Reason I ask is that's the only place digi gadgets seem to like. Run a flat plate on top (sans GPS, of course), and use a thumb screw through that into the tripod mount.
TWN,

I'm using a threaded stem nut with a locking RAM ball holding the stock Garmin mount. I really would like to mount the camera above the brake resevoir, but hear you about limiting vibration. Howz about this? https://65.102.174.116/rammount/productdeta...RAM-B-149ZA-C1U Would this possibly have enough vibration dampening?

You'll still get vibes. The camera may hold up to those or not. I've taken to a bullet cam for the video mounted remotely with the cam in the tank bag. FOr the still, I just sling it around my neck now. Works just as well and offers more flexibility that locking it in one place.