DIY Custom Seat

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zenwhipper

Reaction score
Folks - I am doing my own custom seat. Yep, I got about a 100 pics of the project I can post when its done. But... does anybody know how the top material (leather, vinyl etc) is held in place in the concave area that cradles one's butt? I'm not sure I want to use some adhesive if I may need to change the cover later.

Thanks Mates.

Scott

Check out Seattle Fabrics On Aurora and 86th they have lots of stuff, I would use spray adhesive, it will pull off if you want to change it otherwise it will look like a blister.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't mind seeing some of those pics when you're finished. I've thought about delving into a DIY seat mod myself. Good luck.

This is definetly one post that's worthless without pic's!

I've inserted a memory foam pad.

seat3.jpg

But, I'd like to do something closer to a day long, that has built up sides. Maybe even removable, padded cover.

Plus, I'm stuck at home waiting to do a family get together!

Here is a tease.

Early on...

898863742_NLv5e-XL.jpg

So far its not been too bad. Took it on a 2 hour ride today sans cover (still a work in process) and it felt very good. My main goal is the alleviate tail bone pressure. I'll fill you in on how I did that with the overall build post.

Check out Seattle Fabrics On Aurora and 86th they have lots of stuff, I would use spray adhesive, it will pull off if you want to change it otherwise it will look like a blister.
I frequent that place from time to time. Just today for some 1/4" foam. I'll ask them next time I'm in there.

Scott

Here is a tease.
Early on...

898863742_NLv5e-XL.jpg

So far its not been too bad. Took it on a 2 hour ride today sans cover (still a work in process) and it felt very good. My main goal is the alleviate tail bone pressure. I'll fill you in on how I did that with the overall build post.

Holy crap - that looks pretty tall! Can you reach the pegs???