Do GENII cans fit a GENI

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keithaba

Reaction score
looking to purchase some exhaust cans from an 06. Anyone know if they are the same as 03-05 model?

Last edited by a moderator:
I am almost positive that the stock do, also.

Oops, should have noted, they are stock cans.

I thought they would fit, but figured someone here might have a definitive answer.

The stock part numbers are different-this likely reflects the rear hanger being relocated due to the rear length difference (wheelbase and swingarm length). Aftermarket muffs use a strap hanger, so they can easily accommodate varying installs. The stock muff doesn't have as great a range of fittings.

Last edited by a moderator:
The stock part numbers are different-this likely reflects the rear hanger being relocated due to the rear length difference (wheelbase and swingarm length). Aftermarket muffs use a strap hanger, so they can easily accommodate varying installs. The stock muff doesn't have as great a range of fittings.
Piss... I think your right.

I don't think anyone has every tried. I might bring in an 04 can to the dealer and just look at it next to the 07. Might be very obvious when compared next to each other.

I don't think anyone has every tried. I might bring in an 04 can to the dealer and just look at it next to the 07. Might be very obvious when compared next to each other.
I took the stock cans off my 06 AE and installed them on my 05 and took the 2 Bros. cans that were on my 05 on the 06 AE.. Both brands of cans are interchangeable without mods.

I took the stock cans off my 06 AE and installed them on my 05 and took the 2 Bros. cans that were on my 05 on the 06 AE.. Both brands of cans are interchangeable without mods.
Then I wonder why they carry different part numbers? Something must have changed, though it could be as simple as different threads on the nut. :unsure:

Then I wonder why they carry different part numbers? Something must have changed, though it could be as simple as different threads on the nut. :unsure:
$$$? Same as the bag lids... You can't order just a replacement cover for the bag on Gen II's, just the whole bag. This, even thought the stampings on the inner liner are exactly the same as Gen I's. It's a conspiracy, I tells ya!

Hooray!!! Thanks Dave!!!!

Gen II cans have oxygen sensors in each can. Gen Is don't, I believe this is for the upcoming 2008 bike exhaust emission standards. tg