Do I need OEM Seat Bracket Assembly?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered the front tab blocking cover also to lose my Corbin. It just helps you put the front seat tab in the right hole depending on how you have the height set, high or low. 1000003543.jpg

I ordered the front tab blocking cover also to lose my Corbin. It just helps you put the front seat tab in the right hole depending on how you have the height set, high or low. View attachment 7883
Funny, that "front tab blocking cover" is one of the few things from the bike I threw away. To me it's just an unnecessary PITA when changing the seat height. How hard is it to watch what you're doing?

Thanks for the info. The sit area on the Corbin is really short and jambs me into the tank. The boys will be happy again :)
After trying two after market seats and returning them I raised the front of the Corbin that came on my '13 and it made a BIG difference for my boys. Corbin said they can make the seat and it will fit the tank though, for a price!

Attachments

• IMG_20240814_120256691.jpg
    IMG_20240814_120256691.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Funny, that "front tab blocking cover" is one of the few things from the bike I threw away. To me it's just an unnecessary PITA when changing the seat height. How hard is it to watch what you're doing?
Funny, you did throw away your valve stem caps did you?