Do I need to update my Zumo map?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flying junior

Reaction score
I notice Costco has the update dvd for Zumo maps on sale.

My city navigator is v8, copyright 2006. It seems OK, except that an airport that has been gone for 10 years is still shown, and a road that has been paved in recent years shows up as a faint dashed line, which I assume means it's substandard. Also, railroads still have their old names, which is really good since everything around here is Union Pacific and it's nice to know whether we're talking about old Southern Pacific or Western Pacific routes.

I do it every other year. And even then, I ran onto several new roads this past summer that weren't on my unit.

If you're running with '06, I'd say you're due. It's one o' them personal choice things, though.

If you're happy with what it's showing you then you don't need to upgrade but you may want to just to be sure you have the latest data. Garmin seems to come out with an update every year in the Spring. I no sooner bought the '08 update and they came out with '09. Remember that the data is already 6-12 months old when you buy it.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you're happy with what it's showing you then you don't need to upgrade but you may want to just to be sure you have the latest data. Garmin seems to come out with an update every year in the Spring. I no sooner bought the '08 update and they came out with '09. Remember that the data is already 6-12 months old when you buy it.

Hmmmm. Maybe it would be better to wait and buy the next release just when it comes out and have something more current (and more expensive).

Thanks

Latest posts