Does anyone have a cortech gx air w/leather jacket?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GA700

Reaction score
Just checking to see if anyone has a cortech gx air w/leather jacket? I thought about buying one and was looking for some feedback. I have alot of cortech products and know they are great quality, but just curious about this particular jacket.

Thanks,

I had been eyeballing one of these also, as a replacement for my current JR Phoenix, which is starting to show some wear... would be interested to hear any opinions of those who've used one.

Sounds like I might have to be the sacrificial lamb on this one.... :huh:

Long time Cortech fan here. Have the previous GX Air and wanted to buy new model w/leather. Decided against it when I learned that leather is not waterproof. (Yes, there is waterproof leather.)

My reasoning was simply that wet leather can bleed color but more importantly lose tensile strength when soaked/dried etc.. If they'd designed liner to go over jacket, I would have bought it. Great price at newenough.com.

I bought HeinGericke Urban at motorcyclecloseouts.com. It's a more conservative look but no leather.

George

Got the Cortech GX Sport and like it loads. It has a good, snug fit, so the armor doesn't move around, and the liner works really well. On 50 degree days, I just wore a T-shirt, no problems. One thing I really am pleased with, is the complete lack of any wind leaks. None at all, but with the liner removed, and vents opened, I stay cool and comfortable. No rain, so no chance for wet-weather review. Only had 2 weeks to review the jacket while home on leave. I'll know more this fall.

PS Got the wife the Cortech LRX jacket and she loves it. Same comments as on the GX Sport. Both look great also!