Dog Lover

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobG

Reaction score
Here's one I have never seen before.

I was only given 5 ft of road in a near head on in my neighbor hood, by an idiot, turning on a left hand corner. In my lane obviously, he was looking in his rear view mirror while kissing his Labrador retriever.

I know where he lives and will pay the moron a visit later.

Bob

I did that once before and when he gave me attitude it ended poorly for him. It was all a blurr and I bet he thinks twice now before pulling out from a stop sign.

Here's one I have never seen before.
I was only given 5 ft of road in a near head on in my neighbor hood, by an idiot, turning on a left hand corner. In my lane obviously, he was looking in his rear view mirror while kissing his Labrador retriever.

I know where he lives and will pay the moron a visit later.

Bob
Now BobG - play nice...

When teaching my son to drive, he "criticized" me for making my left turns "too wide."

I explained how that side of the road wasn't mine, it was for oncoming traffic.

"But there's no one there."

On another day, riding with him driving, we were nearly hit as we approached a stop sign by a guy making a shallow left while crossing our lane. My son spewed a seriously foul string of curses, desriptions, offers, and questions of ancestry. (Where he learned that I'll never know. . .)

I asked him if it wouldn't have been better if that guy made his left "too wide?"

I've noticed since then that he's VERY careful not to cross that yellow line making his lefts.

It's a shame you can't count on people actually looking around at shit while they drive, and realizing that inattention kills. It's also a shame that the states don't actually make sure that people can drive when they issue licenses. Since my first license at 16, I've NEVER had to take a test ride, and I've had to take the written sign test only twice. They don't even do that any more, you can renew online. Obviously licensing is about revenue, not safety. Can you imagine the FAA working that way?

We could fix it by putting hand controls in cars! You know how you can't eat or drink on a bike, or write notes? Its mostly because your right hand is chained to the throttle, and you can't do any of that stuff with just one hand. (Not to mention eating through a full-face is just messy.)

So why was "Dog Lover" closed?

It pertained to Motorcycle riding and will never end, due to the incompetent drivers in this world.

If nothing else should it have been moved?

Also nothing perverse in any way was said.

I don't understand this censorship.

Bob

I'll ask the other Admins. I didn't close it, but I am guessing it may have something to do with the implied threat you made about your neighbor:

I know where he lives and will "pay" the moron a visit later.
It is ill-advised to make such statements in a public forum..... any public forum. The power of Google is too overwhelming. And should the authorities ever come to us requesting information about you (as a part of, say.... an assault investigation), please be advised we will cooperate fully with them.

I'll ask the other Admins. I didn't close it, but I am guessing it may have something to do with the implied threat you made about your neighbor:

I know where he lives and will "pay" the moron a visit later.
It is ill-advised to make such statements in a public forum..... any public forum. The power of Google is too overwhelming....
There has been a tremenndous amount of very good advice generated by this forum. None of it will ever be any better then that right there. Well put.

Actually, I did it. It wasn't you....it was the last post that completely got off of motorcycles and turned into a political turd with revenue , FAA, and obsessing about car drivers. Reopening thread, but I suggest you help educate whoever starts to derail things.

Last edited by a moderator:
I apologize for the ranting about licensing (it's something I feel strongly about), but I believed the first part of my post to be relevant. We all drive, too, and short-cutting left turns is what this was about. It's basically what happened to BobG, and it reminded me of the incident with my son.

When you're out in your car, just be aware of it, is all I was trying to say. Bike or car, the curb is NOT your apex in a left turn.

Doesn't sound smart enough to own a labrador, probably smooching someone elses dog to boot! :lol:

I did visit the moron. It ended up with an apology and a couple beers.

You guys are pretty damn paranoid.

How can you run Iron butt competitions knowing you have to break Laws to win?

(What was the average speed of the winner in the last Utah race?)

Then caution me about someone knocking heads over the web.

What ever happened to the real men in this world?

Bob