Draggin Kevlar Shirt ??

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yep...and it rocks in the texas heat. super venting!! i also wear their draggin kevlar jeans. also great, but very hot.

yep...and it rocks in the texas heat. super venting!! i also wear their draggin kevlar jeans. also great, but very hot.
So the kevlar shirt vents well huh? Do you feel like it would protect you well if you went down?

James

Exactly how hot are the pants, say compared to heavy denim ? Was considering the purchase of the jeans, as summer gear....

--G

@escapefjrtist

I've worn the draggin jeans for a few years now in our wonderful 98 degree 100% humidity S. Tx heat; I have compared them to Levi's, found them to be 'just slightly warmer'; a plus is that they act as a windbreaker for your legs on cool mornings. One thing though: they shrink a lot; I found the waist to shrink (2) :angry: sizes after one wash/dry cycle; had to sell them to a friend afterwards. Bought another pair, 2 inches over my typical size, washed/dried before the next ride, fit perfect.

After experimenting, my best combo for heat is an UnderArmor 'heat' shirt (get 'em at Academy here in Houston, don't know who else sells them...they're pricey, $22.00 IIRC but they really work) under a Rocket Phoenix mesh jacket. Been wanting to try that draggin shirt, good to see some feedback..........

-Brad

I occasionally wear Draggin Jeans riding on hot days. No problems while moving and you don't feel too out of place in a restaurant. The mesh shirt might be another matter, however. Try to imagine a low side not turning the shirt into a necklace if you are sliding feet first. I can't believe that tucking in the shirt would be sufficient in preventing it from pulling up right off your back like a t-shirt.

Just my opinion, ride safe!

@nusman68

Thanks for the feedback. Your jacket combo is exactly what I'm using now, after suffering too long in the heat. I agree, works great..... :D

The shrinking draggin jeans is something I'll look at. From their brochure, they claim to use preshrunk fabric in the manufacturing process. What ever that means. I might try a pair anyway.

--G