dragging shirt protection level?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
anybody have any thoughts on protection level of dragging shirt and comfort in extremely hot weather -100+
I've had for a long time and thankfully never had to crash test it.

Zero impact protection. Should be okay for abrasion protection.

It's mesh, so okay in hot weather. I've found that I can actually layer it in very hot weather. I can wear a sweat wicking shirt -- like underarmour -- on the bottom to stay comfortable, then the draggin' shirt for abrasion protection, then a mesh jacket for impact. If you're going to buy just one thing, though, go with a good mesh jacket with armor. The newer designs look like they'd do as well with abrasion as the draggin' shirt, so it becomes unnecessary.

anybody have any thoughts on protection level of dragging shirt and comfort in extremely hot weather -100+
I've had for a long time and thankfully never had to crash test it.

Zero impact protection. Should be okay for abrasion protection.

It's mesh, so okay in hot weather. I've found that I can actually layer it in very hot weather. I can wear a sweat wicking shirt -- like underarmour -- on the bottom to stay comfortable, then the draggin' shirt for abrasion protection, then a mesh jacket for impact. If you're going to buy just one thing, though, go with a good mesh jacket with armor. The newer designs look like they'd do as well with abrasion as the draggin' shirt, so it becomes unnecessary.
Thanks-for info-I thought the mesh jacket might be best

I think that a Draggin shirt would end up as useful as a cutoff t-shirt in a get off. You would probably end up wearing with it as a necklace if you should end up sliding feet first. It would probably be okay as a secondary layer though.

I think that a Draggin shirt would end up as useful as a cutoff t-shirt in a get off. You would probably end up wearing with it as a necklace if you should end up sliding feet first. It would probably be okay as a secondary layer though.
Excellent point. I think you're right.
Bought a first gear mesh jacket today sure is a lot cooler than the textile jacket I was trying to make do with