dropped bike..need parts

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MsLilly

Reaction score
Was leaving work the other night and dropped the bike on the right side. Need to replace my right saddle bag, mirror, upper and lower faring. I would appreciate any referrals to places that carry these parts. thanks

Was leaving work the other night and dropped the bike on the right side. Need to replace my right saddle bag, mirror, upper and lower faring. I would appreciate any referrals to places that carry these parts. thanks

Hi, sorry to hear about your drop try bikebandit.com

Go to the Yamaha web site.

Look up the parts list for your FJR.

Click and paste all the parts you need to your "wish list"

Email wish list to Gary McCoy. [email protected]

Wait for parts.

Gary will email you the cost unless you just send your card number and trust.

+3 ++ for Gary. Good prices and, best of all, EXCELLENT service.

Yamaha makes it too easy to order parts with their website parts break down, wish list, etc...

Last edited by a moderator:
MsLilly, Sorry to hear about your drop. I would highly recommend Gary McCoy as well.

Also, add a set of sliders to your shopping list to avoid some of this damage in the future.

-jwilly

You are all great. Thanks for the speedy responses. It appears that Gary McCoy is the place to check out. Any recommendations for sliders? I've read a few posts where people have talked about different ones. I definately would like to get some. Thanks.

You are all great. Thanks for the speedy responses. It appears that Gary McCoy is the place to check out. Any recommendations for sliders? I've read a few posts where people have talked about different ones. I definately would like to get some. Thanks.
It depends what year bike. I loves my Moko's, but for an '06, contact Skyway or check his topic under "Vendor Offers".
Take it from one who knows to another who (unfortunately) now knows too. Sorry about your mishap.

It depends what year bike. I loves my Moko's, but for an '06, contact Skyway or check his topic under "Vendor Offers".
Take it from one who knows to another who (unfortunately) now knows too. Sorry about your mishap.

'06...wouldn't you know...new bike....fall down go boom!

Another good place for sliders is motovation.....no drilling or cutting needed.....
Uh, that's where the link in my post above pointed. They have models for the '06 as well, but I was pluggin' Skyway's excellent wares in that case.

Mslilly,

they say that there are only two types of riders, those that have dropped their's and those that will drop their's.

I done it and thank God that i had the motovation sliders and the bags off when it happened. Actually there is no shame in what happened, it's expensive and it sucks but "shit happens and the rain falls"...

Get her fixed and go ride her like she's stolen...

Good luck and ride safe, summers damn near gone, poop!!!

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Thanks for the support. Yes, after 25 years I'm pretty lucky that this is the first time down. I'm thankful that it wasn't any worse. I figure I have all winter to fix her up. It gets so wet up here in the winter that I rarely ride from Nov to May. I've been wanting frame sliders but now I know I NEED them. The '06 bike is just a tad bit taller than my '05 and surprisingly enough it makes a difference!! I've always been on bikes that I had to tip toe around on and the '05 was perfect. Thought the '06 would be the same height. What a shock when I got on! In fact, that was my first comment! We thought maybe the seat was in the higher of the two settings...but NO. So, I'm back to tip toeing around again! Better get those sliders sooner rather than later.