Dual Sport Ride

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CAJW

Reaction score
Had a morning off and with 90's predicted, thought I'd get moving and see some dirt. Rode Old Priest Grade, headed south on Coulterville-Priest road and found the following in the hills between Groveland and Coulterville. Pics show the Hetch Hetchy Water and Power upper reservior, Tullock Lake and the Central Valley. Nice temps, lots of Poison oak to avoid so when the single track got tight, I did a quick 180. Ended up at the Greeley Hill Cafe for lunch, good food if you're in the area.

HHWParea001.jpg
I ran across a 6 point buck and two does on this road, but couldn't get my camera out fast enough to record the encounter. Note my SPOT was in use this morning. https://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&...p;z=12&om=1
HHWParea004.jpg
Hetch Hetchy Upper Reservior
HHWParea006.jpg
Tullock Lake
HHWParea002.jpg
View west toward the central valley and the hills west of Livermore.
HHWParea008.jpg
Water stop.
HHWParea009.jpg
HHWParea010-1.jpg
Poison oak was plentiful. I might add that the Coulterville-Priest road has been resurfaced from the Mariposa co. line south and while a bit rough for the first mile (for a FJR) it smooths out closer to Greeley Hill road. The last time I rode my FJR there I think I got a new rattle or two, but the twisties were worth it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Good stuff and nice bike. You de-tarded it? Those flex bars help much?

Funny, I don't see your name on the FODS list, wasupwitdat? :blink:

Good stuff and nice bike. You de-tarded it? Those flex bars help much?Funny, I don't see your name on the FODS list, wasupwitdat? :blink:
Nope, it's a true "S" model. I "tarded" it 4 years ago with Exel wheels and Dunlop sport bike tires so I have the best of both worlds. Flexx bars are da bomb! Helps my poor wrists last all day long on sharp edged bumps that used to put me away before noon. https://www.fasstco.com/ I'm still on the fence on the FODS ride, if I can work it out I'll be there, but it'll be a last minute thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good pics but you aren't suppose to show the world those pics. People are to think that CALI is crowded, over-priced and full of constipated people. You are not helping the cause by posting things like this....

Good job on the pics. GF has a zook like yours for dual sporting but she doesn't too much as of yet. I am looking to get an Adventure so we can dual sport two up. Last trip to the Sequioas convinced me we would be able to see much much more with a dual sport than with the FEEJ.

Thanks for the motivating pics..