Ducati Multistrada Pikes Peak

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZZZzz

Reaction score
I have had my 2004 FJR since July of 03. Its been a great, never let me down sort of machine, but I'm getting a bit bored. I've been looking around at the Ducati Multistrada for a year now. I haven't been able to "pull the trigger" on a MTS 1200, because its was a bit funky looking, with the weird nose piece sticking way out, and the color choices it had.

I have to tell you, the special order "Pikes Peak" edition is something to see. really easy on the eyes.... It was announced last week on the internet, and Ducati is only taking orders until next Friday, March 25th. I put down my order deposit, so my 2004 FJR abs, is for sale....

Ducati link;

https://www.ducati.com/bikes/multistrada/1200_s_pikes_peak/index.do

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9sAx4bYYQM&feature=player_embedded

Features

This Special Edition underlines the race-bred heritage that exists deep inside every Ducati and follows a massive first year success for the award-winning Multistrada 1200, which set a new industry benchmark in motorcycle technology with the four-bikes-in-one concept. The Multistrada 1200 S Pikes Peak is specially dressed in stunning Ducati Corse-style paint scheme with red trellis frame, passenger foot-peg hangers and engine guard anodised in black finish and sport red pin-striping on the wheels. In addition to the original equipment silencer and screen the Pikes Peak Special Edition arrives with a race-derived low screen in carbon fibre. A Ducati Performance carbon fibre front mudguard, and custom made seat detailed with red stitching complete an enhanced specification well worthy of a race-winning replica. Each Pikes Peak Special Edition Multistrada in North America will come with a numbered badge on the engine crankcase cover, noting the individuality of the motorcycle. In conjunction with the launch of this striking new model, Ducati is excited to announce its entry in the 2011 Pikes Peak International Hill Climb, featuring last year’s winning line up of Greg Tracy and Alexander Smith. Preparations have already begun for the defense of the title, and Ducati will be fighting for top time up the mountain come June. In addition to racing the event, Ducati will be organizing a Multistrada owner tour to the race; dubbed “All Roads Lead To Pikes Peak.” The event will be the first official Multistrada owner’s gathering, and details will be on the www.ducatiusa.com shortly. The Pikes Peak International Hill Climb, or “Race to the Clouds”, is situated in a range of the Rocky Mountains, 10 miles west of Colorado Springs and races 12.42 miles from a start line altitude of 9,390 feet to a finish line at 14,110 feet. First held in 1916, the event is now on the international calendar of the FIA in addition to holding seven motorcycle categories from 250-1200cc.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have had my 2004 FJR since July of 03. Its been a great, never let me down sort of machine, but I'm getting a bit bored. I've been looking around at the Ducati Multistrada for a year now. I haven't been able to "pull the trigger" on a MTS 1200, because its was a bit funky looking, with the weird nose piece sticking way out, and the color choices it had.

I have to tell you, the special order "Pikes Peak" edition is something to see. really easy on the eyes.... It was announced last week on the internet, and Ducati is only taking orders until next Friday, March 25th. I put down my order deposit, so my 2004 FJR abs, is for sale....

Ducati link;

https://www.ducati.com/bikes/multistrada/1200_s_pikes_peak/index.do

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9sAx4bYYQM&feature=player_embedded

Features

This Special Edition underlines the race-bred heritage that exists deep inside every Ducati and follows a massive first year success for the award-winning Multistrada 1200, which set a new industry benchmark in motorcycle technology with the four-bikes-in-one concept. The Multistrada 1200 S Pikes Peak is specially dressed in stunning Ducati Corse-style paint scheme with red trellis frame, passenger foot-peg hangers and engine guard anodised in black finish and sport red pin-striping on the wheels. In addition to the original equipment silencer and screen the Pikes Peak Special Edition arrives with a race-derived low screen in carbon fibre. A Ducati Performance carbon fibre front mudguard, and custom made seat detailed with red stitching complete an enhanced specification well worthy of a race-winning replica. Each Pikes Peak Special Edition Multistrada in North America will come with a numbered badge on the engine crankcase cover, noting the individuality of the motorcycle. In conjunction with the launch of this striking new model, Ducati is excited to announce its entry in the 2011 Pikes Peak International Hill Climb, featuring last year’s winning line up of Greg Tracy and Alexander Smith. Preparations have already begun for the defense of the title, and Ducati will be fighting for top time up the mountain come June. In addition to racing the event, Ducati will be organizing a Multistrada owner tour to the race; dubbed “All Roads Lead To Pikes Peak.” The event will be the first official Multistrada owner’s gathering, and details will be on the www.ducatiusa.com shortly. The Pikes Peak International Hill Climb, or “Race to the Clouds”, is situated in a range of the Rocky Mountains, 10 miles west of Colorado Springs and races 12.42 miles from a start line altitude of 9,390 feet to a finish line at 14,110 feet. First held in 1916, the event is now on the international calendar of the FIA in addition to holding seven motorcycle categories from 250-1200cc.

Congrats! I put a deposit on one also!