Ducati Open House

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RatoneMuerto

Reaction score
I got an invitation to test ride two of Ducati's new mounts.They are so sweet.The new GT reminds me so much of the 70's 750 Desmos.It had a great ride,great handling and the sweetness like a vintage Ducati but killer modern equipment.The really fun machine was the Hypermotard S.Advanced Motorsports had the thing with the performance kit on the demo.Wheelies with such ease and the temptation to burn the tires off of it is at your right wrist.I loved every minute of the ride.I really have got to put one on my wish list.I can't say enough about the dealership either.A hole in the wall place with pure class everywhere.Not hard to find but once inside you are greeted by a great staff and techs that know their stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got an invitation to test ride two of Ducati's new mounts.They are so sweet.The new GT reminds me so much of the 70's 750 Desmos.It had a great ride,great handling and the sweetness like a vintage Ducati but killer modern equipment.The really fun machine was the Hypermotard S.Advanced Motorsports had the thing with the performance kit on the demo.Wheelies with such ease and the temptation to burn the tires off of it is at your right wrist.I loved every minute of the ride.I really have got to put one on my wish list.I can't say enough about the dealership either.A hole in the wall place with pure class everywhere.Not hard to find but once inside you are greeted by a great staff and techs that know their stuff.
I was invited to our local dealer for this demo of the classic Ducati rides too. I didn't go, perhaps because my dealer is the opposite of yours. They have a building full of incredible bikes and they are incredible jerks that know less about the bikes than I do and all I do is read from time to time. I was so tempted to go anyway, because the bikes do look fun! I like the look fo the Sport 1000 B)

I rode the Motard at an open house the local dealer had a month or two ago. What a fun ride!! It seems lots of dealers are offering these demo rides - don't miss out on the chance to hop on a great ride.

VM

I actually rode sweep for Ducati Demo days here in Massachusetts. Was pretty fun to Ride absolutly anything in their current lineup (except the 1098, which they weren't letting anyone ride). I think of all I liked the strata "S" the best. But I didn't like any of them enough to trade in the FJR

I test rode the Hypermotard also and can only describe the ride as one of those IMAX experiences where all you see in front of you is the terrain (road) you are flying over. The way that you (I) sit on the bike is such that all you see is the road and you don't even see the bike. Very interesting ride. Like the SuperDuke better though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I test rode the Hypermotard also and can only describe the ride as one of those IMAX experiences where all you see in front of you is the terrain (road) you are flying over. The way that you (I) sit on the bike is such that all you see is the road and you don't even see the bike. Very interesting ride. Like the SuperDuke better though.
I sat on a Duke at the show yesterday and was impressed but I still have the problem of too short in the saddle.The Hypermotard is easily adjustable for short stacks like me!