dumb ?---hardbag inserts

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimyman

Reaction score
Are there any thing you can insert on the bike when you are not using your hardbags . The 2 areas that the bag hook on to the bike. I was thinking that there might be a insert of some kind that you could use when the bags are not being use.

Thanks for any help and MERRY CHRISTMAS to ALL :rolleyes:

jIM

You obviously didn't get those pieces? Neither did I; Heinen's in Osseo, MN kept them. Do a search here, you'll get the part number....

Yes they are available and should have come with the bike. Check Yamaha website for the proper color match covers.

Here's a sample for the 2009:

3P6-2163E-00-P0 COVER, REAR FENDER 2

3P6-2163E-10-P0 COVER, REAR FENDER 2

Thaey are listed in the parts manual under the fender section.

John

Are there any thing you can insert on the bike when you are not using your hardbags . The 2 areas that the bag hook on to the bike. I was thinking that there might be a insert of some kind that you could use when the bags are not being use.Thanks for any help and MERRY CHRISTMAS to ALL :rolleyes:

jIM
You should have been given plastic inserts when the dealer delivered the bike. If you bought it second hand check the tool bag under the seat.

They come with the bike! If you bought the bike new, go to your dealer and just ask for the 'missing' parts. I had to do this for the 'bumpers' on the lower side bag retainers. Dealer ordered them up and installed them at no charge. If your dealer can't find the one's that came on the bike or order replacements at no charge, contact Yamaha to complain about your dealer.

Last edited by a moderator: