Dunlop D208 tires

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave10450

Reaction score
Looking to replace my Avons for an upcoming trip. Dealer has a sale - 50% off Dunlops. Anybody try the D208 tires on their FJR? If so, how do they compare to other tires you've tried? In the past I've gotten 5500 - 6000 miles from the Avons but last set is almost at wear bear at 4000 miles.

But if you get 66% of the mileage at 50% of the cost -- aren't ya still ahead?

Last edited by a moderator:
I had these tires on my bike when I bought it. For sure, they will NEVER be going back on my bike again... short of a complete emergency & nothing else is available.

The tires broke loose on me several times while there was tread on them. Once was in the rain.. not hard braking, either... just slid on by my turn! Not really confidence inspiring if you ask me.

Also, suck a$$ mileage... but I didn't wear them out to the bitter end because they sucked so bad. After the rain incident, I couldn't get them off fast enough.

Went w/ Avons & I really like those tires! I'm getting ready to put a brand new set on shortly.

Hope that this helps, Heidi