Dunlop Road Smart and Dynabeads

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rondo777

Reaction score
I just had a set of roadsmart tires mounted on my bike. I also instructed the shop to remove the weights from my rims and just mount the tires without balanceing them. That didnt go over well with the shop but they did it, they just refused to test ride after mounting the tires. My office is 2 blocks from the bike shop so I rode it there and installed the beads myself. WELL......

The ride of the bike is completely different. There had always been a buzz in the handlebars, thats gone. The bike had a head shake at around 40mph, decelerating and hands off the bars, that’s gone at any speed. The coolest was I slowly brought the bike up to 135, first time ever that fast because it just didn’t feel safe before. 135 feels as stable as 70, its just crazy how smooth this bike rides now. I dont know if its the tires, or the beads or the combo of both but I'm very impressed with this combonation. AND BEFORE YOU ALL START YELLING AT ME, No, I dont intend on riding at 135 anymore, I was just curious, 75 to 80 is just fine. And no, I'm not in the habbit of riding no handed, I had just seen a post about the head shake a while back and in checking, I found that my bike did it too.

here is a link about Dynabeads if your interested ------> LINKY

I have no affiliation with Bestrest products or Dynabeads, just a new fan of the product.

Whew, enough technospeak!

That dude was a genius if I ever saw one. If it werks fer ya it werks fer ya.

Okay... I clearly don't understand the physics of how these work. Hopefully one of the smarter members here can provide a simple explanation that a non scientist will understand. Putting that aside though, ceramic materials are quite hard. Right? Shouldn't there be some concern about the wear inside the tire as these little gremlins make their way around the tire? Just wondering :ermm:

Interesting...
Who's the next victim person to try these?

:unsure:
Am I missing something here? I couldnt really find any opinions about the beads on the forum. I figured it would be nice not to have to mare the shit out of my rims from frequent tire changes and subsiquent rebalancing with weights. The beads are working great so I thought is was worth posting but it seams like people have a hard on about the topic. Have there been alot of bad reports that I'm not aware of.

Don't fret it, dude(unless you want a clear uninhibited tone). It's hump day and we're wanting it to be friday.

Interesting...

Am I missing something here? I couldnt really find any opinions about the beads on the forum. I figured it would be nice not to have to mare the shit out of my rims from frequent tire changes and subsiquent rebalancing with weights. The beads are working great so I thought is was worth posting but it seams like people have a hard on about the topic. Have there been alot of bad reports that I'm not aware of.
I am a skeptic to new things... I will wait for a few others to try them out and review them.

Thanks for being the first one to review these! Please report back every 1000 miles. A full report would be very convincing!

Maybe Jeff will be willing to try these out for us since he's our Resident Tire Burner Upper! :)

Am I missing something here? I couldnt really find any opinions about the beads on the forum.
Google the forum for 'balancing beads' and you'll get three pages worth of info.

When you say "Google the forum" do you mean do a searh using the search engine provided in the forum? Thats what I always use. I just did it now and It comes up with 6 pages of crap compleatly unrelated to bal beads except of course for my own post. Why not just provide a link to whatever it is youd like for me see. The search dosnt really work all that well.

Interesting...

I am a skeptic to new things... I will wait for a few others to try them out and review them.

Thanks for being the first one to review these! Please report back every 1000 miles. A full report would be very convincing!

Maybe Jeff will be willing to try these out for us since he's our Resident Tire Burner Upper! :)

I'll do that. I ordered enough for a couple of friends of mine as well. They were so cheap, I figured it was worth a chance. We are going to be putting them into an 2007 R1 with 2 week old tires and a 2007 R6 with 2500 miles on the tires tonight. I'll update with those as well. The guy with the R6 rides like a jackass, wheelies and burning rubber constantly. If they can keep his tire balanced for the life of the tire then I'll be even more impressed. His first set of tires lasted 3k miles

When you say "Google the forum"
Plug this: balancing beads site:fjrforum.com into your Google search box.
Thank you, that worked much better then the forum search. I did find plenty about bal beads this way and the people that did try them liked them. I still dont get the attitude towards them but to each his own. I'll update with my experience as time goes by.

Will my old beads from new orleans work? I've got lots of them................