Eagle Screens for Mk1 & Mk11

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TestPilot

Reaction score
I have received a PM from someone asking for details of my screen, so I thought I'd post here for all to see. It is an Australian made 'Eagle Screen' https://www.eaglescreens.com.au/. It is 470mm (18.5in) top to bottom (18.5in), 550mm (21.5in) wide at the bottom and 415mm (16in) wide at the top. You can see the lip, and the mid-tint. Here are some piccies:

8abbz34.jpg

6u7tmj6.jpg

8ejm3r5.jpg

I have received a PM from someone asking for details of my screen, so I thought I'd post here for all to see. It is an Australian made 'Eagle Screen' https://www.eaglescreens.com.au/. It is 470mm (18.5in) top to bottom (18.5in), 550mm (21.5in) wide at the bottom and 415mm (16in) wide at the top. You can see the lip, and the mid-tint. Here are some piccies:
8abbz34.jpg

6u7tmj6.jpg

8ejm3r5.jpg
How does it compare say with a Rifle or C Bailey I have the Yamaha touring and I'm sick of the wind noise.

This totally cures any wind noise issues, for a lot less than the cost of a cup of coffee:

08_Howard-Leight_tn.jpg

Howard Leight MAX earplugs, rated 34 NRR. The Long Distance Riders best friend. :D

Used religiously every ride, they will allow us to hear our granddaughters whisper little girl secrets in our ears when we become ancient, crusty old men.

Last edited by a moderator:
This totally cures any wind noise issues, for a lot less than the cost of a cup of coffee:

08_Howard-Leight_tn.jpg

Howard Leight MAX earplugs, rated 34 NRR. The Long Distance Riders best friend. :D

Used religiously every ride, they will allow us to hear our granddaughters whisper little girl secrets in our ears when we become ancient, crusty old men.
If you get headaches because of the constant expanding pressure of the foam ones, there are always molded plugs.

How does it compare say with a Rifle or C Bailey I have the Yamaha touring and I'm sick of the wind noise.
Don't know, as I haven't used any of the others. I totally agree that earplugs of your choice are a must for eliminating wind noise. I have recently been experimenting with Sony Noise-Cancelling earplugs - see here: https://www.fjrowners.ws/phpbb2/viewtopic.p...;highlight=sony

An extract from one of my posts: "Done some more testing with the Sony noise-cancelling earphones, including this past weekend getting Zea to try them. Her response after 15 minutes: "I'm buying myself some - I can hear words in the songs that I can't even hear listening at home to the stereo." I guess that sums up the sound quality.

I've worn them a number of times (actually, many times) since I first got them, and the sound quality and noise-cancelling are both excellent. I have also found them to be quite comfortable under my helmet for hours on end, and the max I have used them is about 5 hours in a day, with no pain issues (anything stuck in your ear for 5 hours will cause some level of discomfort, though)."

And from another post: "Since my last post, these have become our 'default' earplugs/earphones. They really are good at reducing low-intensity noise (wind roar included). As a comparison, I used to run my IRiver volume at between 22 and 26 (out of 40 max) with my moulded in-ear speakers/earplugs. Now I run it between 17 and 22 (variation due to what I feel like on the day, plus what playlist I've selected)."

For info - last weekend we did a bit of a highway drone for 2 hours each way, and when we got home I found that Zea had the volume all the way down at 14, and it was great.

08_Howard-Leight_tn.jpg

Hey, wait a damn minute. I had my second granddaughter Wednesday, and I ain't "ancient," "crusty" or "old" :~)