ebay has good helmet deals

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

87Doodle

Reaction score
After deciding and trying on helmets I decided I wanted a Shoei Rf-1000, but wasn't loving the price, 400 to 500 bucks.

So, I watched helmet deals on ebay, and there is quite a lot of people selling new/almost new high end helmets for a lot of reasons, and I got my as new RF-1000 in Black, with a extra dark smoked shield for less than I would have paided for an HJC.

Lemme tell ya, I had alot of helmets, but this Shoei is the best I ever had, fits snug but super comfortable, and all kinds of airflow.

Just wanted to pass it along for those wishing they could get a high-end helmet but don't want to spend that much dough.

After deciding and trying on helmets I decided I wanted a Shoei Rf-1000, but wasn't loving the price, 400 to 500 bucks.
So, I watched helmet deals on ebay, and there is quite a lot of people selling new/almost new high end helmets for a lot of reasons, and I got my as new RF-1000 in Black, with a extra dark smoked shield for less than I would have paided for an HJC.

Lemme tell ya, I had alot of helmets, but this Shoei is the best I ever had, fits snug but super comfortable, and all kinds of airflow.

Just wanted to pass it along for those wishing they could get a high-end helmet but don't want to spend that much dough.
Hey 87Doodle, do you have the sellers name on ebay?

The thing you have to watch for is a drop on a used helmet. I had a friend with a C-2 that fell off his seat onto gravel. helmet looked fine until you pulled the liner out. The foam inside was cracked up.

Check yours carefully.

Hey 87Doodle, do you have the sellers name on ebay?

This was a guy selling his brand new in box Rf-1000 because he got it as a gift and already had one, $187

seller ebay Id was sha241

The thing you have to watch for is a drop on a used helmet. I had a friend with a C-2 that fell off his seat onto gravel. helmet looked fine until you pulled the liner out. The foam inside was cracked up.
Check yours carefully.
Good point. I think a lot probably sell them maybe cause they didnt fit right or were too noisy...or maybe they didnt match the color of their new bike.

I've seen some good deals but just havent pulled the trigger cause of the whole fit issues. Too many different fits and styles out there I guess.

Check yours carefully.
Good point. I think a lot probably sell them maybe cause they didnt fit right or were too noisy...or maybe they didnt match the color of their new bike.

I've seen some good deals but just havent pulled the trigger cause of the whole fit issues. Too many different fits and styles out there I guess.

I was leery of the fit issues too, so I went to a dealer and tried on the Exact model in the exact size, and knew exactly what I was getting.

I do that with Ebay stuff, I go an find a local retail version, try it on, etc, etc, and order after I'm sure.

If I had a great ebay feedback rating I wouldn't risk it by selling a helmet with an undisclosed problem..

Geez, guys. If it don't fit put it back on ebay!

You don't even have to pay for return shipping! The new buyer pays you to ship it to him!!!

Why was that so hard?

Last edited by a moderator:
So what happens when your Local Dealer goes tits up. Where you going to try on gear then????
Don't get me wrong, I like the dealer, it's just I'm not going to pay the 30% he makes on merchandise items to make up for the low margin in the rest of the departments.

Take it for what its worth but that's all I got to say about that topic.

Also-- be careful of fakes -- there was a lot of ebay forum activity on fakes (both Shoei and Arai) just a year or so ago. I was always weary of that, and although I have bought an Arai on ebay, it was from a seller who was a real life arai dealer.

I got a great deal on my helmet on E-bay, but I had a seller that had a 100% rating, and was able to answer some key questions. I am always leery of ANYTHING I buy on E-Bay, but sometimes the deals are too good to pass up.

So what happens when your Local Dealer goes tits up. Where you going to try on gear then????
Screw the Bastage! Glad to see it happen to the looser.

I gladly motor an extra sixty miles past his joint for the better service he can't provide and buy there too.

Damn Kids! whadja do before the net?? Ya took what was available thats what, Spoiled shits!!

My first lid was an old G.I bucket from the Korean conflict an' I was Glad to have it!!

Damn whiners :****:

:jester: