(edit) How does plate go on rack from Premier Cycle Accessories?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBlueStreak

Reaction score
OK, I just got the FJR rack and Givi E250 adaptor plate but I can't see how the plate goes on the rack since no holes on the plate line up with the rack!!

Can some one let me know if I'm missing something or I have to drill new holes in the rack?

I was told by PCA that the plate would fit on the rack and there were two mounting points, forward and backwards. Even the description on their site says this!

TIA

Rob

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, I just got the FJR rack and Givi E250 adaptor plate but I can't see how the plate goes on the rack since no holes on the plate line up with the rack!!
Can some one let me know if I'm missing something or I have to drill new holes in the rack?

I was told by PCA that the plate would fit on the rack and there were two mounting points, forward and backwards. Even the description on their site says this!

TIA

Rob
Hey Rob when you find out can you let me know? I have one coming from Duane & if you had a problem my guess is I will too.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
If I remember, I'll post a pic when I get home. It'll be about 8 hours or so :blink:

Any ideas??
I just spoke to Duane - there was a mixup on my order & I asked him about this. What he said: you don't need the Givi adapter, you do need their adapter. . .
Did you ever get this figured out. If so what adapter did you end up with? I just bought the sport rack and Givi E52, and thinking I didn't need an adapter after reading PCA's web site. Leaving from St. Louis to Colorado on Monday and need to come up with a plan. Thanks for any help you might be able to provide.

Any ideas??
I just spoke to Duane - there was a mixup on my order & I asked him about this. What he said: you don't need the Givi adapter, you do need their adapter. . .
Yo, it is totally superfluous to buy the Givi adapter. It costs a lot more money and makes the top box stand up even higher off the plate. Duane's adapter kit is under $20 as I recall and the 3 adapter fixtures can just be left in place without interfering with camping style loads or whatever else you wish to carry. The Givi V46 or V52 mounts to Duane's adapter in about 5 seconds.

It is also secure. I have done 5,000 miles with mine and am totally pleased with the setup. I'm going to Deals Gap to camp at Ironhorse tomorrow with the Givi V46 and the tent, etc mounted to the passenger seat. :yahoo: :yahoo:

TIA

Rob
Hi there,

Once you receive the plate you will notice the "plastic" adapter for the E52 (which is my set up) will fit on the plate. Just line up the adapter to plate and use the included nuts and bolts to tighten one to the other.

I put some "blue" painters masking tape on the outside portion of the (3) lugs that locate to the rear of the bikes frame, which will stop scratching the paint in that area.

The bolts can be made shorter after you have finished.

After installation I leave the adapter plate and rack together so I don't have to bother with un-bolting the unit.

I did find that the bolts securing the rack to the bike can become loose,after the Givi is attached,if you don't tighten them to torque and apply a very small amount of blue loctite to the top of the bolts thread.

Hope this helps!