Elect Cruise Control

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joeseedoo

Reaction score
FJR electonic Cruise contrl

What is everyones thoughts on the mccruise?

https://www.spoiledbiker.com Anyone with any good or bad commints?

ADMIN NOTE: This user has only two posts and both have been about hawking their wares. Moved posting to Classifieds until they demonstrate themselves a contributor to the community. If they come back and contribute then they might get considered for movement to the preferred Vendor area.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have an electronic servo cruise control on my 04. If I had it to do all over again, I'd go with the cheap Audiovox unit.

Having ridden an 03 with the Audiovox, I know it's smoother, more responsive, and less jerky than the electronic unit I have.

I've jst installed the MC Electric Cruise and it is fantastic, very smooth easy to use and maintains speed up or down hills. Not a fan of the Audiovox as you have to make components yourself from what I have seen. You get what you pay for I guess. The MC unit is top of the line as I understand it but I haven't used the Audiovox.

So the MC Cruise for FJR comes with _everything_ you need? (including things like brackets for servo, throttle connections, bracket/whatever for control pad installation, etc?)

I don't have it on my FJR, but I had the MCCruise on my old BMW. Worked great and was very easy to use and very smooth. Will eventually put it on the FJR. When I did have an issue with me, I sent them an email, and they called me back, from Australia to walk me through it! Very nice (turned out to be a bad chip in the unit, they sent a new one right away.

And at least on the BMW, it had everything specific to my model. So the bracket fit exactly, no adjustments nec. And the directions were model specific with pics. There was no, "Step 1, attach part B to your bike's widget servo (see shop manual or talk to a qualified mechanic to locate this part on your specific bike). Unless your bike's widget servo is of the pnumatic type, then attach part C, then part B, but rotate part B 90 degrees. If your bike uses a Servo Widget instead of a Widget Servo, you need part Q, not included in this kit"

Spike

Last edited by a moderator:
MC cruise; hey how much interest is there in this. Would it be worth a group buy????

Spike

I have just finished fitting the Audiovox unit. It couldnt get much more straightforward if you have read all the posts from previous installers. I would think seriously before going with McCruise. I think they still use magnet sensors which is a pretty messy way to go about the install. Audiovox reads direct from the coil. It is smooth as silk.

So the MC Cruise for FJR comes with _everything_ you need? (including things like brackets for servo, throttle connections, bracket/whatever for control pad installation, etc?)
Woodstock

In a word YEP! and a shit load of step by step destructions you cannot go wrong plus you can drop them a line via phone or email. :D

I have just finished fitting the Audiovox unit. It couldnt get much more straightforward if you have read all the posts from previous installers. I would think seriously before going with McCruise. I think they still use magnet sensors which is a pretty messy way to go about the install. Audiovox reads direct from the coil. It is smooth as silk.
Messy? how so? looks perfectly fine to me and definately not out of place? I would like to try the two together to see how smooth they both are compared to each other. :D

I have an MCCruise unit and love it. As stated above, the installation instructions and components they provide are very thorough. I had one on an earlier bike (Honda Valkyrie) that had a hose leak and they couldn't have been more responsive.

The performance and support are great. Makes a great addition--especially for touring. No complaints here. :D

No experience with the Audiovox unit.