Electric Clothing

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I'mAllIn

Reaction score
Is anybody using electric (Heated) garments under their Aerostich gear? I like the design of the Gerbings but wonder how they fit under the Aerostich Darien jacket and pants. Can you zip them together, as you can with the Aerostich heated liner?

Thanks,

Gerbings,I feel is the best out there! I have used it for 4 years now and I am a fan. You don't even know its under your aerostich. Money well spent. Never ride cold again.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's been a good amount of discussion on this. I think you'll find a fair number of happy riders with Gerbings, Aerostitch and Widder heated clothing.

I have both Gerbings and Aerostitch. Gerbings are great but they won't zip in the lining of your Darien jacket. Aerostitch also has a new vest out that inflates to offer a snug fit. Trick, but it won't zip into the out shell either. If you want to stick with your Darien jacket and a zip-in liner, use the standard Aerostitch.

Others like widder, and generally prefer them over the Gerbings because they offer reasonable heat with less power consumption--an issue for most of us on the FJR. If you're a newbie, suggest you add a datel voltmeter to monitor your loads. If '05 or earlier, you may also want to try an upgraded stator to give you a bit more juice for heated rides, especially if you have other farkles (accessory lighting in particular).

Thanks for the info. I'll go with the Gerbings. I've used a BMW heated vest for years and it worked just fine, so I'm sure I'll be warm & toasty.

I have an '06 FJR. I tho't there was some concerns about how much 'heated clothing' one could use with the FJRs limited power?

I have a complete set of Gerbings heated stuff .... jacket liner, gloves, pants, sox. I doubt if we can runn all this stuff with the FJR.

True?

BAGGER

I have an '06 FJR. I tho't there was some concerns about how much 'heated clothing' one could use with the FJRs limited power?
I have a complete set of Gerbings heated stuff .... jacket liner, gloves, pants, sox. I doubt if we can runn all this stuff with the FJR.

True?

BAGGER

You *should* be fine on an 06. It puts out more than 05's and prior.

I got the Warmnsafe jacket liner and heat troller from Catfish on the FJR listserv and love it. I've got a pair of heated gloves on order.

I got the Warmnsafe jacket liner and heat troller from Catfish on the FJR listserv and love it. I've got a pair of heated gloves on order.
+1 on the Warmnsafe products. They may not have the 'name' recognition that the others do, but they are the inventors of the heattroller units.

My wife and I both have warmnsafe jackets w/ their heattrollers and couldn't be more pleased with them. They are among the highest quality MC accessories I've bought.

And hey, if you're an HSTA member, they give you a 20% discount on your entire purchase, which MORE than pays for your HSTA dues. Such a deal!