Electrosport likes me, or not!!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smitty141

My name is Smitty.. And I have a motorcycle proble
Reaction score
I received my new BIG stator on Monday. Well went to the door today and there was another one.. Gave them a call to let them know they shipped 2 and I was charged for both. Told them to send a call tag from UPS. No problem they said. I told them to besure to post a credit on my M/C... They said only after it was returned.. Well your mistake, post my credit or else :angry2: .. I lost, I guess I will get credit after they receive the second one back. Was I wrong , or was they?? Looks like its my problem to make sure they get it back .... Smitty

Last edited by a moderator:
I received my new BIG stator on Monday. Well went to the door today and there was another one.. Gave them a call to let them know they shipped 2 and I was charged for both. Told them to send a call tag from UPS. No problem they said. I told them to besure to post a credit on my M/C... They said only after it was returned.. Well your mistake, post my credit or else :angry2: .. I lost, I guess I will get credit after they receive the second one back. Was I wrong , or was they?? Looks like its my problem to make sure they get it back .... Smitty
Typical business world practice. Yes they screwed up, they admit that, they will pay for return shipping and credit you upon reciept. Not a prob to me. Even though its their mess-up YOU still have the product of value in your possesion. As long as it did not cause you any hardship (over your limit fees, overdrawn, etc) just ship it back no prob. BUT, make sure you get the ups drivers name, and time of pick-up with some form of acknowledgement from the shipping co that THEY now have it and it is insured.

I can see both points of view... they post the credit, and the merchandise never shows up, they're in the hole... you don't get credited and your bill arrives, you have to pay it or contest the charges.

If they hadn't sent you a return shipping authorization, then I'd be pissed. As it is, ship it back to them on their dime, and hopefully you'll get credited before the bill arrives.

Honest mistakes happen all the time... not worth losing sleep over...

Could be worse. You could have executed the deal through PayPal. Feel lucky!
I love paypal, use it all the time.. They emailed me a shipping label... Maybe I could hook both up and have 1000+ watts of power :lol: !!!!

I love paypal, use it all the time.. They emailed me a shipping label... Maybe I could hook both up and have 1000+ watts of power :lol: !!!!
Smitty, I'm surprised that you didn't keep the second stator and sell it on eBay. They way YOU make deals, you probably would have come out ahead!! :D

You didn't order it? You aren't responsable for paying for it. What if it gets lost or damaged in transit on the way back? It isn't yours, you shouldn't pay for it, even temporarily.

If you call the CC company and tell them it was a double-bill they'll reverse the second charge immediately. Double shipments are the seller's problem.

Remember to ship it back WITH proof of delivery requested.

Sell it on ebay..........

Damn, I wish I would of thought of that... I must be gettin old and slippin, Matt, thanks for bringing it to my attention... Smitty

Something I remember from business law class many years ago. If someone delivers something to you that you didn't order it is yours, free. You are not legally responsible to pay for it or to send it back. The law may vary from place to place, and of course your own personal sense of ethics comes into play. I would not accept a double charge on my card for their mistake, but I would send it back.

Damn, I wish I would of thought of that... I must be gettin old and slippin, Matt, thanks for bringing it to my attention... Smitty

Smitty, I'd have taken that second one off your hands if you would've included installation. :D

Smitty, I'm surprised that you didn't keep the second stator and sell it on eBay. They way YOU make deals, you probably would have come out ahead!! :D

Something I remember from business law class many years ago. If someone delivers something to you that you didn't order it is yours, free. You are not legally responsible to pay for it or to send it back. The law may vary from place to place, and of course your own personal sense of ethics comes into play. I would not accept a double charge on my card for their mistake, but I would send it back.

Smitty, I'd have taken that second one off your hands if you would've included installation. :D

Well there was no question it wasn't mine. And I have already dropped it off at UPS. I always wondered... how come it takes a second to put a charge on your card, but it can take weeks for a credit to show up... :blink:

IMO They made the mistake, are picking up the tab for the return shipping and, once they have their product back, will credit your account. Seems very reasonable to me. I'd only bitch if they failed to credit your account after you get your delilvery confirmation back for the returned item.

BTW: You'll find that most courts will award you a refund or the product. They'll not allow you to keep both.