Electrosport stator with R/R conector??

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockymntfjr

Reaction score
I remember reading a post a wile back. That the new Electrosport stators came with a R/R plug in conector.

Does anyone have one? What is the part number? (if different)

Thanks much

Andy

I have one, bought it last September. Same P/N. It is possible to snake the old connector through the frame with the connector still attached. It is possible to snake the new stator connector through the frame to the R/R. I think I may have posted how I did it. I bought my the Electrosport from a vendor (not Electrosport). You can call/write/email Electrosport and confirm that all recent FJR stators come with a connector.

In a few minutes I'm leaving for Sag Harbor, NY for the weekend. If the connector routing hasn't been resolved over the weekend I'll be back Monday.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have one, bought it last September. Same P/N. It is possible to snake the old connector through the frame with the connector still attached. It is possible to snake the new stator connector through the frame to the R/R. I think I may have posted how I did it. I bought my the Electrosport from a vendor (not Electrosport). You can call/write/email Electrosport and confirm that all recent FJR stators come with a connector.
In a few minutes I'm leaving for Sag Harbor, NY for the weekend. If the connector routing hasn't been resolved over the weekend I'll be back Monday.

Thanks Alan,

I called Electrosport on Friday and talked to techinical support. He pulled a ESG130 off the shelf and told me they do not come with a connector. I thought I may have talked to some one that did not know what they were talking about. So I called back on Monday and talked to two more people who both confirmed they do not come with a connector.

What the hell! Either I talked to three people at Electrosport that don't know jack or your one lucky dog that got one.

I bought one last fall and have not installed it yet. I was going to try to exchange it for one with a connector.

Any suggestions?

Thanks much,

Andy

I dunno, but a connector isn't imperative if you can solder reasonably well and use some good heat shrink tubing over the connections.

JMHO

I don't know how my Electrosport ended up with a connector. I would imagine that by this time that Electrosport is at least putting on crimped spade connectors. You may want to ask if the wire ends are finished in some way. Having no connector will make installing the new stator much easier.

If the wires come with spade connectors, I would highly recommend that you use shrink sleeve over the terminals when you install them. The shrink sleeve will help hold the connectors in place.