End of Summer BBQ/Tech Meet

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Auburn

Reaction score
Hudson and I have got the details worked out.

Any interested in coming please PM me for directions and phone number. Also respond here so we can keep a running headcount and what tools/test equipment you may be able to bring.

Purpose - to get us together look over what we have done to our bikes, what we might want to do, and to do a TBS for as many as want to, if someone want to do tires, I have a NoMar tire changer we can break-in and a MC lift along with air compressor and air tools. I have an '06 service manual

We'll kick off things about 10 AM, Saturday October 18th

Lunch around noon - (Pulled Pork BBQ sandwiches from Longhorn BBQ)

Wrap up the tech part about 4:30.

Dinner - BBQ (Bring your favorite steak adult bevereage) we'll take care of the side dishes and softdrinks/mixers

Swap ride stories until ??? Can watch motorcycle movies (or whatever) in the movie room

For those that are coming from a ways out of town I can put a few up here overnight. (We have a toy hauler that can sleep up to 8) Or I can give you the name of some local motels that are close by if you prefer.

EDIT: on the tools - if they are related to doing the TBS - that would be helpful. I probably have anything else covered unless it is really obscure ans specialized.

Those attending:

Hudson (co-host) - bring carbtune

AuburnFJR and Mrs. (co-hosts) - listed above.

Barabus and Mrs. - gen II manual, tire install, adult beverages

escapefjrtist -

n2osx & Mrs.- BBQ Suace, gaucamole

niehart - carbtune

galactus -

Andre- salad

ahchiu -

Beamer Reamer and Mrs. - carbtune and tools

vol210 - carbtune with tools

JayH - salad or dessert

bkmcj - brownies

jzzmusician - Cancelled

Tenchi -

Knucklehead -

Last edited by a moderator:
Hudson and I have got the details worked out.
Any interested in coming please PM me for directions and phone number. Also respond here so we can keep a running headcount and what tools/test equipment you may be able to bring.

Purpose - to get us together look over what we have done to our bikes, what we might want to do, and to do a TBS for as many as want to, if someone want to do tires, I have a NoMar tire changer we can break-in and a MC lift along with air compressor and air tools. I have an '06 service manual

We'll kick off things about 10 AM, Saturday October 18th

Lunch around noon - (Pulled Pork BBQ sandwiches from Longhorn BBQ)

Wrap up the tech part about 4:30.

Dinner - BBQ (Bring your favorite steak adult bevereage) we'll take care of the side dishes and softdrinks/mixers

Swap ride stories until ??? Can watch motorcycle movies (or whatever) in the movie room

For those that are coming from a ways out of town I can put a few up here overnight. (We have a toy hauler that can sleep up to 8) Or I can give you the name of some local motels that are close by if you prefer.

Those attending:

Hudson (co-host) - bring carbtune

AuburnFJR and Mrs. (co-hosts) - listed above.

Barabus and Mrs. - gen II manual

escapefjrtist -

n2osx +1 -

niehart - carbtune

bkmcj -

galactus -

Andre-

ahchiu -

Beamer Reamer and Mrs. - carbtune and tools

I can make it. I also have another Carbtune :rolleyes: . Some tools. Have a Blue Sea if anyone wants.

I will also be bringing the wife as well as a friend. We want to help anyway we can, in turn will help me learn more about my beloved FJR. If need be we can rent a room close. Also if anyone wants, we make killer guacamole for dips and an awesome BBQ sauce (made with my favorite Jim Beam Hot Sauce) we can make to bring up. If there is anything else, please let me know!!

Carl

Bummer! I'm gone to Okanogan County that weekend on my annual hunting trip (deer season runs from Oct 11-20). I guess I'll have to wait on the next get together......

I will bring some adult beverages and a new rear tire in need of installing.
Sounds good. Need to break in the No-Mar.

On the adult beverages, I would encourage each to bring some so it is not too much for a few to provide. :drinks: If someone has little too much, we'll find a place for them to stay the night for safety.

Sounds like the tools are covered. If there are any wine drinkers, I can bring a couple bottles (or several) if some would prefer. Give me a shout here or PM with your favorite flavor...

--G

I have changed tires with tire spoons and running it (tire) over with a truck. Using a tire changer would be great. I am exited to help and check it out.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have changed tires with tire spoons and running it (tire) over with a truck. Using a tire changer would be great. I am exited to help and check it out.
Cool, bring them along.

I can figure out how to bring them. These spoons are the ones that we change 40" & 42" tires with on our rock crawl toyotas. So they are big. lol

Carl

I will be attending for lunch and tech. Will have the wife make some brownies!! Looking forward to meeting everyone. Getting kind of lonely riding around by myself.

I'm over in Eastern Washington. I've got family right near you and this is a great excuse for a visit. If Snoqualmie pass looks like it will be clear, I'm in. I'd be leaving Friday, stay overnight in Puyallup and meet up with all of you on Sat.

Bob

ps - I own a restaurant and will be bringing steak. Several of them.

Bob, just you or are there others too?

Just me. My wife won't get on the thing. I haven't seen my mother in about 6 months or so. She's in Puyallup and your event is a good excuse for a ride.

Oh yeah, seeing as how Walla Walla produces some of the country's best red wines, I will probably have to bring some to go with the steaks. (grin)

hope to see you on the 18th.

Bob

I'm still planning on showing up with the Mrs., but I was reminded by said Mrs. that I am scheduled to participate in the MSF Intermediate class that day out of Tacoma. That class ends at 3:00, so I will plan on riding over after that to at least meet everyone. How about smoked salmon from Bonney Lake? I do a fair amount of saltwater fishing and have a giant stash of salmon. Just smoked about 80 fillets this past weekend.

I'm still planning on showing up with the Mrs., but I was reminded by said Mrs. that I am scheduled to participate in the MSF Intermediate class that day out of Tacoma. That class ends at 3:00, so I will plan on riding over after that to at least meet everyone. How about smoked salmon from Bonney Lake? I do a fair amount of saltwater fishing and have a giant stash of salmon. Just smoked about 80 fillets this past weekend.

Wow! They sound really good. How about bringing about 10 or so and another 20 for me to take home?

bob

I find that people otherwise inclined not to like me will at least tolerate me if there is smoked salmon lurking. I am now trying to decide if I am offended by the suggestion that my salmon are so small that 30 or so would fit in my side bags. Looking forward to meeting you all soon.

- David

I find that people otherwise inclined not to like me will at least tolerate me if there is smoked salmon lurking. I am now trying to decide if I am offended by the suggestion that my salmon are so small that 30 or so would fit in my side bags. Looking forward to meeting you all soon.
- David

David,

I am laughing my ass off right now!!! At our restaurant we serve mostly Alaskan Sockeyes. You could get 30 of those in your bags, but if you smoked Kings, that would be another story. I'll be sure to bring a couple of stellar (and I mean stellar) white wines to go with your salmon.

Bob

fjr guy, music guy, and food snob.