Entymotic Ear Plugs, ER6i

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for that heads-up.

I recently bought a pair of Ultimate Ears Super.FI 5 Pro earphones (which sound absolutely AMAZING) for my iPod, but they don't fit under my helmet. I just took advantage of this deal and ordered these for riding which, based on the rising temps in Chicago, will be soon :yahoo:

Thanks for the heads up Dana... I had wanted these but didn't want to pay over $100. Oh wait, you're just probably doing this for your ego right? :rolleyes: (ignore this if you didn't see the group buy debacle thread)

. Oh wait, you're just probably doing this for your ego right? :rolleyes: (ignore this if you didn't see the group buy debacle thread)

now THAT'S funny!!!! :clapping: :rolleyes: :clapping:

now, had i done the negotiating, i would have taken my toys and gone home for that comment... :evilgrin: is that the group buy upon which you speak? lol...

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a really crappy experience trying to buy these from Buy.com in the past...

Would like a set but they are not shipping to Canada, and the special is not on the Canadian site. :angry:

Need someone to buy it for me an send it to Montreal.... :unsure:

Would like a set but they are not shipping to Canada, and the special is not on the Canadian site. :angry:
Need someone to buy it for me an send it to Montreal.... :unsure:
If all goes well with my transaction... I'll help you out Pierre.

Basically, they had them on sale... website said they were in stock, placed the order, then after a few days went by, I didn't get any shipping confirmation... contacted THEM (not them contacting me...)... "Oh, they're out of stock and we don't know when we'll have them...". I would have never heard from them otherwise, if I didn't initiate the conversation. That went on for a few weeks, when I finally cancelled the order and got them somewhere else.

Your mileage may vary... but I consider that crappy enough customer service to never darken their online door again.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know why they are so cheap... They have a very poor frequency response (Low fidelity).

Human hearing ranges from >20 Htz to 20 KHz. The Etymotic headphones frequency response: 50 Hz to 16 kHz... (no low, lows and no highs)

My Sony earbuds with 0.9mm drivers produce 4 Hz to 30 KHz. (High fidelity) (less than $50)

I alway thought the Etymotic were over priced and even at $69 still do...

Sorry 'bout that... I know there will be a lot of folks who disagree with me. Oh well....

John