EOM 2024 - a Ramble

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

extrememarine

Reaction score
FJR1300 Eastern Owners Meet (EOM) 2024.

Who: All riders welcome
What: FJR1300 Eastern Owners Meet (EOM) 2024 – Ramble style
Where:
Maggie Valley, North Carolina
Clarion Inn – 70 Soco Road, Maggie Valley, NC
828-926-0201
Room Block “FJR Eastern Owners Meet” or “EOM”
Queen Room: $119/night plus tax, King room: $129/night plus tax

When: September 19th to 22nd, 2024

Routes – A download link will be added here after 9/1/24; LeeDavis has refreshed the ride loops and in historic fashion, they are guarantied to be epic rides!

The 2024 EOM event will be a “Ramble” style event much like the 2020 “non-event” held in 2020 – aka a “show up and ride” event. Get out and enjoy the Western North Carolina Blue Ridge Mountains during the day and socialize in the evening telling tall tales and kicking tires! The Clarion property includes an onsite restaurant (Catrina’s Cantina) offering a traditional Mexican menu.

In “Ramble” fashion, there will be no registration, banquet meal or swag this year.

I will work towards returning to the tradition EOM event format in 2025.

Thank you!

Wayne

FYI I just called Clarion and they said the hotel is completely full for those days.

Edit - apparently full Friday night.

Last edited:
FYI I just called Clarion and they said the hotel is completely full for those days.

Edit - apparently full Friday night.
Same

There are some other hotels less than 5 miles away.

Would be nice to know what some of the link up details are. Would be especially helpful for those that may not be staying at the clarion.

Has anyone seen the GPX track that where to be uploaded the 1st of the month?

Does anyone have tracks of the area you can share?

IM considering cancel my room in NC and head out to flatwood. This event is like some top secret thing with next to no communication. Why did i become a paid support im thinking. Super frustrating.

Last edited:
Do the show up and Ride routes have times that they will be leaving out from the hotel. I live about 2 hours from Maggie and might be able to come up for a day or so.

Apparently "ramble style" means you're pretty much on your own. I get the frustration over the lack of organization and communication but I'm still going and planning on making the most of it. This is what I posted on another thread:

I'm planning on arriving Thursday, leaving Sunday. I'd like to ride up the Blue Ridge on Friday, hoping it will be less congested than the weekend. I'd like to ride up to Mt Mitchell but that may be a bit too much since I plan on stopping a lot and enjoying it. I'll ride til I get tired and turn around.

For Saturday I'm thinking about Thunder Road:
https://mysmokymountainguide.com/blog/thunder-road-motorcycle-route/

How about an attendees "non-registration" list

Name:
Username:
Homebase:
email or mobile number:

It might be nice to have a broadcast list incase anyone does want to organize a ride. Also I like having a record of whos-who in case I want to reach out after the event. It's strictly voluntary. Whadda y'all think?

Baz

I suggested on the other forum that attendees have a name tag with their first name and forum name. I suppose with the forum name one could PM after the event/

Name:
Username:
Homebase:
email or mobile number:

It might be nice to have a broadcast list incase anyone does want to organize a ride. Also I like having a record of whos-who in case I want to reach out after the event. It's strictly voluntary. Whadda y'all think?

Baz
You already texted me, what more do you need? LOL. I'm bringing a lanyard and name tag from a prior year and just adding "2024" to it!

Apparently "ramble style" means you're pretty much on your own. I get the frustration over the lack of organization and communication but I'm still going and planning on making the most of it. This is what I posted on another thread:

I'm planning on arriving Thursday, leaving Sunday. I'd like to ride up the Blue Ridge on Friday, hoping it will be less congested than the weekend. I'd like to ride up to Mt Mitchell but that may be a bit too much since I plan on stopping a lot and enjoying it. I'll ride til I get tired and turn around.

For Saturday I'm thinking about Thunder Road:
https://mysmokymountainguide.com/blog/thunder-road-motorcycle-route/
Looks like a pretty interesting ride. Current plan is for wife and I to come up on Friday, ride around on Saturday, and head home Sunday. I wouldn't mind joining you on this route if you're up for company (that isn't high-speed nor aggressive)

Name:
Username:
Homebase:
email or mobile number:

Baz
My name is Bionicpork, I'll be the one on the FJR

Looks like a pretty interesting ride. Current plan is for wife and I to come up on Friday, ride around on Saturday, and head home Sunday. I wouldn't mind joining you on this route if you're up for company (that isn't high-speed nor aggressive)
Sounds good. Lol I haven't been accused of being high speed or aggressive in many years. I'm staying at the Valley Inn just down the road from the Clarion but I'll be over there around dinner time Friday.