eye brow lights

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Y

yamadavidson

Has anyone decided to put bulbs in the sockets above the headlights like yamaha does on the R1? It look easy enough to do and would make the bike more visable from the front.

Warchild did a great farkle with relays where the lights are opposite phase as the turn signals. Of course, very well documented. Very bling too.

Warchild LED Lamp Farkle

I did it and didn't put in relays, but went with blue LED's to match my '05 and just wired in them with the marker lights.

drivinglightfront.JPG

Go to radio shack and pick whatever color LED floats your boat, drill a small hole, insert led, seal with some good RTV and wire them up. No relays needed although I would suggest a switch to turn them off in case LEO's come around. Hell if you got some computer cases with blue LED's steal em outta there. Some of these new blue LEDS they use on computers and computer related products put out some serious light and don't draw much power. :assasin:

....drill a small hole, insert led, seal with some good RTV......
Only problem is it's really, really hard or impossible to just drill the hole without removing the front headlight assembly.....unless you have a drill bit that turns a 45 degree bend.

And, although one can silicone just about anything, does one want to do just that when the proper part is out there and available? Use the R1 parts per Warchild's article and and I found I didn't need to silicone anything.

....drill a small hole, insert led, seal with some good RTV......
Only problem is it's really, really hard or impossible to just drill the hole without removing the front headlight assembly.....unless you have a drill bit that turns a 45 degree bend.

And, although one can silicone just about anything, does one want to do just that when the proper part is out there and available? Use the R1 parts per Warchild's article and and I found I didn't need to silicone anything.
The computer LED's are a great deal cheaper and add bling factor for almost nothing, what maybe 5 bucks?. I didn't insinuate there wasn't any labor involved. Yes removing the lens would be prudent. If you had the right size uni-bit and took your time to size the hole one might not have to use the RTV to hold the LED but just ensure the thing was sealed and keep the solder joints from corroding. :bleh: