Face Plant

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kpm

Reaction score
I have been riding 40 yrs. Never been knocked off a bike. Rode for 10 yrs in Miami traffic. No accidents. Moved to the north 10 yrs ago. Great riding here. My wife and I decide to go to a lake where we have a small boat for a pig roast. I say you take the truck and I will ride the FJR. Radar says rain so I put on my riding pants and boots. They are supposed to be water tight. This will be a good test. Rains the last 15 miles or so near the lake. I stop at a marina store to look at a boat and the wife pulls in behind me. Nice boat for 14 K. Riding gear works great. Three or four more miles to the lake. I exit the gravel parking lot and look to the left down the 55 mph highway. I see a truck coming so I coast to make the right hand turn. I am in no hurry so I don't pull out . WHAM the wife drills me. The bike cants to the right, I go straight to the ground a few feet in front of the bike. I jump up and see my beautiful FJR on the ground.

The damage:

Trashed right saddle bag

Crunched left muffler where she hit me

Bent left mirror where my shin hit it.

Right fairing scratched

Right mirror trashed

Right foot peg gone

Truck bumper.

Shin contusion for me. I checked the bike and decided to ride it home. New bike, 3500 miles.

Now I have to do the insurance thing. Dont know if the bike will ever be the same. If not the wife will be buying me a new 2011 FJR.

Never thought I would get nailed this way. Always been nervous about rear enders.

I have been riding 40 yrs. Never been knocked off a bike. Rode for 10 yrs in Miami traffic. No accidents. Moved to the north 10 yrs ago. Great riding here. My wife and I decide to go to a lake where we have a small boat for a pig roast. I say you take the truck and I will ride the FJR. Radar says rain so I put on my riding pants and boots. They are supposed to be water tight. This will be a good test. Rains the last 15 miles or so near the lake. I stop at a marina store to look at a boat and the wife pulls in behind me. Nice boat for 14 K. Riding gear works great. Three or four more miles to the lake. I exit the gravel parking lot and look to the left down the 55 mph highway. I see a truck coming so I coast to make the right hand turn. I am in no hurry so I don't pull out . WHAM the wife drills me. The bike cants to the right, I go straight to the ground a few feet in front of the bike. I jump up and see my beautiful FJR on the ground.
The damage:

Trashed right saddle bag

Crunched left muffler where she hit me

Bent left mirror where my shin hit it.

Right fairing scratched

Right mirror trashed

Right foot peg gone

Truck bumper.

Shin contusion for me. I checked the bike and decided to ride it home. New bike, 3500 miles.

Now I have to do the insurance thing. Dont know if the bike will ever be the same. If not the wife will be buying me a new 2011 FJR.
She owes you a night ALONE with her best looking female friend.

Never thought I would get nailed this way. Always been nervous about rear enders.
Then stay the hell away from Owosso, Michigan....and welcome to the forum!

Last edited by a moderator:
Very sorry to hear about your misfortune. I hope you get through it well.

It's been almost 11 years since my wife and I were on a bicycle tour, she fell in front of me, I hit her, went over onto my face and came out the better of the two - she had five broken ribs and a broken clavicle.

If you two get through this, all else will be easy! :friends:

Ouch...At least you know if the driver had insurance. That really sucks. Sorry.

AND Howie's right. Stay away from Owosso. Nothing good can happen there.

Sorry for the get-off smashing.

Glad you are okay...this will probably be an insurance nightmare.

Wow! a Spanky new 10' to boot.

[SIZE=18pt]Ouch ![/SIZE]

I'm glad to hear you got off with minimal injuries, Life is precious, motorcycles are just metal & plastic.

How is your very best friend? I'm sure she was thinking "Oh Noooooo, :swoon: I killed him" when she gave you that love tap.

Heal quickly friend :clapping:

Good luck with the repairs.

Brodie

Sorry to hear of your accident. Hope you and the bike heal well.

I am sure your wife is feeling pretty low so help her out as best as you can.

So clique, but it is only metal, plastic, and paint, they make more every day.

However if her best friend is good looking...........................