Fairing Rattle

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kpm

Reaction score
I got my FJR 2010 back from an accident repair. Bike went down on the right side after I was rear ended. Fairing was scratched, mirror busted & bag toasted. All was replaced and she looks great. The problem is when I hit a bump in the road the fairing makes noise. I noticed it on the way home after the accident so I don't think it has to do with the repaired parts. I am tempted to take it back to the repair shop but I fear the shop will not spend the time and labor to repair or say there is nothing wrong. Any ideas on where to look for the problem. Only 3500 miles on the bike and this is going to drive me crazy.

You paid for the repair. Call your insurance company and the shop and tell them that it's not right. It's their job of those 2 to make it so.

Last edited by a moderator:
Might want to check in your little glove box before you return to the shop. I had a rattle that drove me to distraction on long rides - until I took my pocket knife out of that plastic box...