fairing stripes

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

s.ga.rider

Reaction score
Anyone have the real time industries fairing stipes on their fjr? I was thinking of ordering some and wanting to know how hard they are to put on and how well the hold up.

They are awsome. I tried to install them dry, as the instructions stated, so I ended up with all kinds of bubblesand misalignments. So I talked to Real Time and it turns out that you are supposed to use a 50/50 rubbing alcohol and water mix to install them. The second set using this went perfect and 2 years later the black stripes still disappear in the daylight on my black '08 and look fantastic. I would do this mod again in a heart beat. Visibility is so much improved at night that it is hard to describe.

Installed the reflective decals to break up the black a bit...love'em!

Definitely use the 50/50 alcohol mixture for installation.

FinalProduct2.jpg

--G

My '07 has the stripe kit, but I wasn't the one to install them; the original owner did when he bought the bike. They look really good and I've had no problems with them other than a tiny spot on the left side strip that goes on the tank...I think my camera strap got between my leg and the tank one time and chipped out a little bit of the tape. The kit really breaks up the solid color nicely.

kerr-dam-1.jpg

My '07 has the stripe kit, but I wasn't the one to install them; the original owner did when he bought the bike. They look really good and I've had no problems with them other than a tiny spot on the left side strip that goes on the tank...I think my camera strap got between my leg and the tank one time and chipped out a little bit of the tape. The kit really breaks up the solid color nicely.

kerr-dam-1.jpg
FYI, that's not the same as the Realtime Industries version the OP mentioned, but is another option if people aren't aware of it. That one is made by Premier Cycle: https://www.pca-one.com/productDetail.asp?productID=2715

Last edited by a moderator:
The pca kit looks like it has a few more pieces and is another option I wasnt aware of. I debated putting them on myself or taking it to a tint or body shop and have them do it.

Something else I just noticed, it doesn't look like the PCA version is made out of the reflective material like the RTI version is

Something else I just noticed, it doesn't look like the PCA version is made out of the reflective material like the RTI version is
Yea, I don't believe they are; I can double check tonight.

If it were up to me, I'd rather have the reflective ones; I have the reflective tape on the back side of the sidebags and it works VERY well. Wonder how hard it is to remove the decals? :huh:

My post push over vandalism damages includes a new right sidecase. I had the RTI reflective stickers already installed on the bike when purchased and didnt like the upper logo so given the oppertunity to order replacements for the new case I did. I pulled the right side sticker yesterday and none of the glue came off with it. Soaked it with some goo gone and rub with a rag. Easy.