Farkle Me This, Fabman

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twowheelnut

R.I.P. Our Motorcycling Friend
Reaction score
I saw this Wing at the Ride for Kids last week. Pretty cool, easy mount bar that should hold 3 or 4 farkles on Ram Balls. With the added down brackets and plexi shelf, this rider added a ditty bag for cd's and such. Anyone know if this Wing set-up will fit the FJR? If not, any of you fab fabricators care to take a swing at this one? Just keep in mind that it has to be adjustable for those of us with risers...

IMG_1630.jpg

IMG_1631.jpg

Yo, dude. The bracket is the only biggie. The bar is simple. Conduit. Paint it black, cap the ends with plastic caps from Lowes. Without having the bike in front of me, I don't know if we have enough round bar left to mount a bracket. I am pretty sure I have a couple round clamps you are welcome to if you want. They are chrome, fit the round, come off flat with a bolt hole.

Heck, this is easy now. Use the clamps I have, conduit, welded tab on the conduit.

The clamps I have look like "q"

Last edited by a moderator:
Haven't see that, but I did see a shelf for the '06...

29_1_b.JPG

or search ebay for: Yamaha FJR1300 New Dash Shelf (No Reserve)

currently bid: Current bid: £0.99

address somewhere in UK, estimated shipping

The more I think about it, the easier I think this would be. Will have to look at the bike for the best mount location. What size farkle bar? 3/4, or 1 inch.

Where's Garauld? I bet he could farkle this with one hand tied behind his back.

I saw this Wing at the Ride for Kids last week. Pretty cool, easy mount bar that should hold 3 or 4 farkles on Ram Balls. With the added down brackets and plexi shelf, this rider added a ditty bag for cd's and such. Anyone know if this Wing set-up will fit the FJR? If not, any of you fab fabricators care to take a swing at this one? Just keep in mind that it has to be adjustable for those of us with risers..."

It's called a Texelent Accessory Bar. You can find it here - https://cyclegadgets.com/Products/product.asp?Item=TX

Not sure if it would fit an FJR though. It's popular on the Wings because it also reduces handlebar vibration.

TwoWheelNut,

That bar is a Texelent bar (www.Texelent.com). I have one also on my GL1800 and I love it! I looked for a similar solution for the FJR1300 but gave up after I realized the equivalent would be over $350 for a bar (twice as much as the Texelent Bar).

Best Regards,

Shane

The more I think about it, the easier I think this would be. Will have to look at the bike for the best mount location. What size farkle bar? 3/4, or 1 inch.

Where's Garauld? I bet he could farkle this with one hand tied behind his back.

Actually you'd want 7/8" bar, and definitely NOT conduit! That crap is like butter. The Ram mount would collapse it in a second.

I'm surprised Garauld isn't all over this one. Piece of cake for a guy with his fabbing talent.

I saw this Wing at the Ride for Kids last week. Pretty cool, easy mount bar that should hold 3 or 4 farkles on Ram Balls. With the added down brackets and plexi shelf, this rider added a ditty bag for cd's and such. Anyone know if this Wing set-up will fit the FJR? If not, any of you fab fabricators care to take a swing at this one? Just keep in mind that it has to be adjustable for those of us with risers...
IMG_1630.jpg

IMG_1631.jpg
You left too soon, I was talking to that guy in the t-shirt line, I saw his IBA t-shirt and asked if that was his GW.

I have one of the Texelent bars, along with some photos of it here.

https://www.pbase.com/fredharmon/texelent

I haven't checked to see if it will fit the FJR, but I spoke to the owner/designer of the product and he briefly looked at my bike to see if he could make one for it. I think he is pretty overloaded right now though, so it might be awhile before he comes out with one. I'll let you know if he comes up with something.
medium.jpg