Farkles Report After 2500 Tour

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OrangevaleFJR

R.I.P. Our FJR Riding Friend
Reaction score
CB +4+1 - I love it, but will add some some spacers on bottom mounts to tilt it back a bit. I think having it closer and less staright up will help. As it is, it goes higher than I need to get in quiet air. I am 5'11" with 33 inseam $120ish

Tacki grips cured all tingling for me, which was quite bad with stock grips. Best value $12

We got the Yamaha topcase. We love it because it prevents my wife from falling off the back under acceleration, and gives us more room. I have not noticed an aerodynamic wobble as others have, but I only had 1500 miles on my bike before I got it so I may just be blind to it. When we hit a bump, it "throws" the topcase forward and Sherri gets thumped and it hurts her sometimes. Overall vote: happy with it, an occaisional beating is good for anyone :bleh: $700ish

Starcom1 intercom/iPod review.

The noise quieting technology works. could hear each other crystal clear at 135mph (only tried this on US 50 in Utah). The audio works as well, but I wouldn't call the headsets super hi-fi. No distortion, but not much bass going on. That could be my speaker mounting location, but that is fairly predicated by the helmet design. $287

Vista cruise - Like the Tacki grips, and inexspensive solution that was more than adequate for the job. It let me do everything I wanted and makes long slab riding much more enjoyable. $28

note...for cold weather, I would use a CB +3+4 to make it wide enough...the +4+1 is warm weather touring shield. Note2: It gives me adequate ventilation when all the way down.