Farkling Has Begun

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick_W

Reaction score
I mounted the Garmin 2720 and Battery Tender the day after I brought the FJR home.

Don't know how long it will take to get here, but I just made four more orders for new farkles:

Grip Puppies

Throttlemeister (heavy)

Sidebag reflective decals from Premier Cycle Accessories

Motovation frame sliders

Givi V46 w/mount

Still debating on whether to get the PIAA driving lights with mounts to mount them to the front fender and heated grips.

Also thinking about a new seat - still planning on riding this one for a few thousand miles before I make that decision. I put 20k on a stock Vulcan 1600 Classic seat, and it was no-where near as comfortable as the stock FJR seat is.

I do have an Airhawk cushion - just in case.

I also have an Autocom Active-7-Smart intercomm sitting in the box beside my desk. Looking at different satellite radios to pair up with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Careful, you are riding a slippery slope. There are no known solutions to Farkle-itis. Take care.

I hope Hannah passed your area and all is Ok. Essentially I am hoping the FJR didn't get wet.

It is supposed to be nice tomorrow so I am assuming many will ride. Watch for junk in the road after the weather that we have had on the east coast.

Art

Essentially I am hoping the FJR didn't get wet.
We got a little bit of wind and rain - nothing bad at all.

I dropped the FJR off at the dealer yesterday for the 600 mile service thinking the weather would be crappy all weekend.

They called today and said it was done, but they would keep it inside for me until Monday if I wanted.

I'll take off early Monday and go by and pick it up.

Guess I'll ride the Vulcan if I go anywhere.

Also thinking about a new seat - still planning on riding this one for a few thousand miles before I make that decision. I put 20k on a stock Vulcan 1600 Classic seat, and it was no-where near as comfortable as the stock FJR seat is.
I rode mine stock for the first year (about 8.000 miles) I sent my seats in to Russell over the winter to get them more comfy. I have another 8,000 so far (and countinng).

Consider a CrampBuster too. Cheap and I've found it extremely useful.

I sent my seats in to Russell over the winter to get them more comfy.
I typically ride year-round - so that won't work for me. :eek:

I do have another deployment coming up in about a year, though. :tiredsmiley:

Guess that would be the perfect time to send my seat off for mods. :dntknw:

Consider a CrampBuster too. Cheap and I've found it extremely useful.
I have a throttle rocker. Forgot to mention that.

Rick - That's it? You're way behind the power curve. Get movin'! Get more farkles going.... ASAP! :p
I've only had the bike a week!! :shok:

And had 880 miles on it when I dropped it off at the dealer for the 600 mile service yesterday.
Now you're just making poor decisions. Lets see.... Bike only has 880 miles and the dealer now has it. When are you going to ride it? Get over to the dealer and get it out of there and start riding! :lol:

Enjoy that bike sounds like you'll be real busy every chance you get to get some seat time.

Ride safe. ;)

wow you guys are tricked out - so far all i have added is:

*GIVI E46 and GIVI 357 rack (brake lights and passenger pad)

*One Eleven frame sliders

*Throttlemeisters (heavy/black)

*Wild Bill's highway pegs

these seemed like the bare minimum add-ons to prepare the bike for it's first journey - coming soon.

my next add-ons will be bag reflectors and the OEM heated grips. so far the stock windshield is fine for me.

wow you guys are tricked out - so far all i have added is:
*GIVI E46 and GIVI 357 rack (brake lights and passenger pad)

*One Eleven frame sliders

*Throttlemeisters (heavy/black)

*Wild Bill's highway pegs

these seemed like the bare minimum add-ons to prepare the bike for it's first journey - coming soon.

my next add-ons will be bag reflectors and the OEM heated grips. so far the stock windshield is fine for me.
First journey?? I'm just setting up to get back and forth to work. :lmaosmiley:

I agree with you about the windshield --- for now.

I just added the heavy Throttlemeisters to mine, I was pleasantly surprised from the results. They took what little buz I had out of the grips.

Mine is two months old, I've added a Cal-Sci XL, two throttle locks ( took off the vista-cruise), orderd a Sargent seat, Givi 52 with the Givi rack, two ram balls, Touratech Gps mount, reflective bag decals on the rear, wind shield rubber trim, T-Rex sliders, Sargent bag covers, wild bills pegs, tank protector thingie, FZ1 mirrors, a half cover and I took of my throttle rocker and put on a cramp buster, I like the all plastic buster better so far. Easy to adjust and it stays put better than the rocker while using grip puppies........... Comm stuff coming soon :)

At 4,000 miles my front tire is getting close, I may get to 5K. I'm going to try the pilots.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like you have a good start at it Rick.

Here's a few more to consider:

Fenda-extenda

PIAAXteme White Plus H4

CeeBailey's Headlight Guards

Superbrace

Zumo 550 with Scala Rider Q2 bluetooth headset

:construction: