Fastbag in Galaxy Blue

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teerex51

The Italian Scallion
Reaction score
A few months back I bought a virtually pristine Fastbag from a Forum member (thanks Glenn, it was really as new) but it was yellow :blink:

A friend painted it Galaxy Blue for me and I just now finished installing it on my scoot.

Fastbag4.JPG

I think it looks real good and the color match is outstanding.

I'll soon test it on a road trip through Tuscany we have planned for the end of the month. I truly hate to ride solo with the Yamaha OEM top case and I think this is the perfect solution, low profile and balanced.

Stef

Fastbag.JPG

Stef,

I was just looking at the Fast Bag this morning. How do you like it? Is it as much of a PITA to pack as I have heard? Was the back pad on it when you purchased it, or did you add it? Please share more information, or just you opinions with the group.

By the way, FWIW I think it looks really good!

.... How do you like it? Is it as much of a PITA to pack as I have heard? Was the back pad on it when you purchased it, or did you add it? ....
I like it just fine but I've never used it on a trip. As I said, I'll test it later this month.

The overall quality and finish of all components is excellent. The little pouch you mentioned comes with the set and even contains some basic first-aid stuff. :D

I don't expect a lot of trouble packing it anyway. I've been using those vacuum bags that squeeze your clothing flat and they've made a big difference when packing "conventional" luggage .

Obviously, the more you stuff into a Fastbag, the harder it's gonna be to make it stand upright...

Sounds like a job for two people: one keeps the top level and the other pulls the straps tight.

Funny that I had to buy mine in the USA, although it's a European make. Could not find any dealer here....

Stef