Fat Guy

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Farkles

R.I.P. Our FJR Riding Friend
Reaction score
:blink: ok bike doesn't arrive untill jan or later ( put money down and I am #2 on list.) So being a fat guy :rolleyes: who makes clothing in sizes like 50 pants 52 jackets etc.

The people on this board know all so figgred to ask instead of serching. :dribble:

:blink: ok bike doesn't arrive untill jan or later ( put money down and I am #2 on list.) So being a fat guy :rolleyes: who makes clothing in sizes like 50 pants 52 jackets etc.The people on this board know all so figgred to ask instead of serching. :dribble:
I "hear" the Joe Rocket stuff comes in the larger sizes. Check out NewEnough. FirstGear also has more and more larger stuff as well.

+1 on New Enough and Joe Rocket

I wear a size 54 Jacket and they had it in stock.

-jwilly

I am right there size wise with you and I have had great service with First Gear stuff. I use the Kili jacket in the winter and the mesh tek in the summer and the same with pants. The HT overpant in the cold and the mesh in the summer. For boots I like the Oxtar but the First Gear is a good boot. Hope this helps.

:blink: ok bike doesn't arrive untill jan or later ( put money down and I am #2 on list.) So being a fat guy :rolleyes: who makes clothing in sizes like 50 pants 52 jackets etc.The people on this board know all so figgred to ask instead of serching. :dribble:
If I remember right a 50 pant is approximately XXXL and 52 jacket is probably an XXL.

New Enough is where I get most of my XXL and XLTall gear....at a great price. Remember to get that jacket as snug as is comfortable to keep from flapping.

And you haven't mentioned it, but a great source for the excellent source for Oxtar Matrix boots up to a size 14.

If you have the money, I would highly recomend Z- Custom Leathers

https://www.zcustom.com/

if you've ever purchased custom tailored skins, you'll know what I mean

the only downside is..... they arent exactly cheap....

A bit more money, but The Aerostich Darien in XXL should be a close fit, (they offer a XXXL too), and they do custom tailoring. Easy too, just order what you think is closest, then call them up and put the jacket on and tell them where it needs changes. Send the first jacket back, then customized one will be on it's way to you shortly. They have sizing charts on the web site.

Rider Warehouse

They have sales now and then too. Worth checking on. All skinny guy stuff today.

Cruiserworks makes boots in extra wide sizes of 14 up to EEEE. I'm told it isn't the length but the width that counts...... :drag:

I'd be interested in anybody that knows of any other boots that come in extra wide sizes.

Dennis Kirk.com has jackets up to XXXXXL in mesh, leather, etc.

Fat clothes - Go to the local HD shop :D

I wear a 52 Coat and can find stuff to fit me most any place in an XXL. I'm not nearly as big as you in the waist so no help here.

I've bought from Leather up before

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm on the borderline of Joe Rocket's largest sizes. Their gloves and pants won't fit me, but the the jackets just barely go on (good riding fit!). The liner of my phoenix jacket is a different story. I have to leave to top half unzipped to fit my neck, and the bottom cuts off about my belly button.

For sizing reference, I'm 6'2" and ~280 lbs.

I have a fieldsheer size 48 Sport IV jacket - before I bought it I tried a 50 - their larger sizes are cut roomy- most other makers xxl and 50 sizes don't "measure up" to the fieldsheer's room. Vanson also makes larger sizes - but you will most likely have to order them - they also run small and are cut short in front . My 48 Fieldsheer has significantly more room than the 50 vanson. Pants are another story - you really need to try them on. Some of the sizes are really rediculous - more Eurpoean (skinny) cut than you could imagine. I have had good luck with the Olympia ranger pants and the Fieldsheer Booster pants in terms of roominess, although neither came in a 50 size. Hope this helps a bit. good luck in your search.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you go the custom route, it's hard to beat Aerostitch for textile and Vanson for leather.