Favorite Gel Grips?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fjrchik

Just a girl in the world, having rode 3 FJRs
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Which gel grips is everyone using and liking? Is there anything else out there to consider besides the Pro Grips brand? Which model number of the Pro Grips do you like?

Please no comments about the other stuff and BMW this and that. Not interested right now. Gel only, thanks!

I think I'll refrain from the "gel" comments. Good luck with the search.

I have the Pro Grips with the little banana-like designs on them.....might even consider them a chili-pepper design.....anywho, that's what I have on my FZ1 and at first I hated them. I liken that to being used to the harder OEM grips. After some getting used to, I've come to really like them and the price is unbeatable at about 11 bux a pair.

However, I am finding that they are wearing a bit quicker than I had anticipated (they aren't spent just yet) but at two years of service, considering the cost, it's still a good deal.

I see about another year or so before needing replacements.

Keep in mind, the wear could be attributed to an agressive riding style and the added hand movements that goes along with it.

My .02

Are any/all of these grips the correct length for the FJR? I knew that was an issue when I got my Pro Grips (don't remember which model).

Tom

Are any/all of these grips the correct length for the FJR? I knew that was an issue when I got my Pro Grips (don't remember which model).
Tom
The 714's have a double lip on the thumb side that you can trim off if needed. I've not put them on my bike yet, I'm trying Grip Puppy's, but plan to. I expect no problems. They are so soft you can stretch or compress them to fit just about any bike perfect.

I used the Pro Grip 719 gel grips on my Connie and really liked them. They had a very good feel. I used the same set for something like 50,000 miles and they were still on there when I sold it.

I have 719 Pro brand, and I bought two pair, so I could use the same thickness grips on both sides. The left one has a heat-shrink sleeve under a right-side grip to make the grip heaters (Kimpex) output equal.

A spare left side grip went on my PGR flagpole. The Pro gel grips are good, but I haven't tried any others....

Thank you for the feedback guys! Hopefully my hands will feel better soon!

Latest posts