Fender Elimination Kit?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kiteman11

Reaction score
Is there an aftermarket rear fender elimination kit available with tag bracket to get rid of the OE fender?

Is there an aftermarket rear fender elimination kit available with tag bracket to get rid of the OE fender?

Not to my knowledge. The FJR is more a Touring bike and as such does not have as many aftermarket sport mods.

Unless someone can prove me wrong...

None that work.

A couple years ago GalaxyBlue and I researched the idea because Competitionwerks is based here in Roseburg. They had no interest in fabricating one because production numbers were too small. You are left with a French company that sucks -- numerous complaints (do a search) or custom fabrication if you want. I decided the negatives (mud up my back) outweighed the cool factor and dropped it. You might pm GB and see if he pursued it though.

The name of this part is a Hugger

Dont Buy it from FSD ( Free Street Design ) we had a lot of problems, still expensive, no after sale service, not a nice fit.

Geelong ( more expensive ) do some really nice one,

www.geelongcarboncraft.com !

Big mistake! You're going to chew the shit out of your taillight assembly. I've been there.

Last edited by a moderator:
None that work.

A couple years ago GalaxyBlue and I researched the idea because Competitionwerks is based here in Roseburg. They had no interest in fabricating one because production numbers were too small. You are left with a French company that sucks -- numerous complaints (do a search) or custom fabrication if you want. I decided the negatives (mud up my back) outweighed the cool factor and dropped it. You might pm GB and see if he pursued it though.
Thats a negative...

I dropped it also... Lack of interest, Lack of finding a manufacture... Nuff said. :glare:

I would still like to do this, but i am not into the hack job appeal. :unsure:

Adam

Around here, I won't be thinking about that kind of mod. There has been surge in motorcycle fatalities and too many complaints to do with sportbikes on the island and the LEOs have a plan to reduce both. I'll be wearing my side bags & top box more often, just so I look less like a sportbike.