Fender Elminator?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FireLt103

Reaction score
Does anyone have any suggestions on a clean way to eliminate the rear fender and reflector on an '08 FJR? I looked for an aftermarket kit and can't find any. Any suggestions?

Does anyone have any suggestions on a clean way to eliminate the rear fender and reflector on an '08 FJR? I looked for an aftermarket kit and can't find any. Any suggestions?
Not sure if the 08 fender is similar to the '05, but I cut mine down and the license plate fits fine-I left the reflecter on, but could have eliminated it. Hard to see, but you can see the fender is a lot shorter;

SANY0158.jpg

Dremel and a cut-off wheel for those so inclined. It's been done by a few people.

Not sure if the 08 fender is similar to the '05, but I cut mine down and the license plate fits fine-I left the reflecter on, but could have eliminated it. Hard to see, but you can see the fender is a lot shorter;

SANY0158.jpg

Nope. A dry system-if you do a search I have posted pictures as I put it together. FJR with 190hp. If you figure some drop due to the shaft drive, I'm only running 175 or so hp.

Dang, karmak. I hope you are more technically gifted at installing nitrous system than you are at posting on forums. :p

Would love to take a ride on that nitrous bike. Just once.

Dang, karmak. I hope you are more technically gifted at installing nitrous system than you are at posting on forums. :p
Another way to up one's post count I suppose...

+1 Me too! Awww come on PLEEEEEZE! I'll be RIGHT BACK!.....yeah sure....well, today anyway....I'll be along directly....... :dribble:

SHIT FIRE MAN! Yer scoot looks just sick! Love it! Of course the BLUE helps as well. The TB mufflers look great too - how do they sound when you feed it

some NOS? Done any quarter mile stuff with it?

JC

Computers baffle me. Monkeying with bikes, however, I have had some fair luck.

The nitrous is a smooth power, comes on with a rush rather than a belt in the arse. I used to race wet systems that actually cranked out quite a bit mor hp than this system.

Karmak - Haven't had an update in quite some time on the ole FeeJ on NO2. Give us the current skinny.... :)
I ran a separate button rather than going through the horn button (traditional way). I positioned the two nozzles that fire into the airbox high and in the forward section of the airbox, so the spray hits the temp sensor (which as a result adds more fuel) and I can retain the filter (the nozzles are between the filter and the intakes). I ran the bike up in the revs in 3rd and 4th to feel the normal pull, then I run it with the nitrous. A tremendous difference. It is best to hit the nitrous at full throttle beginning over 4,000rpms, so you don't want to be hitting it in 5th for obvious reasons. I haven't run a quarter or dyno, really no reason to other than curiousity. With the jet I'm currently using it adds 40hp, so with my mods I'm probably at 190hp. Deduct a % for the drive shaft and you're still in Hayabusa territory. Here's something to try and you'll get a great response sans nitrous. There is an extension on the air filter cover that extends about 2 1/2 inches (I cut it down to just enough to support the filter)or so into the center of the air filter-drill a mess of holes in it and ditch the outer snorkle cover. Go to the other side of the airbox and drill another mess of holes into the airbox, but keep them within the inverted "U" shaped lip that holds the filter in position on the opposite side of the airbox. That way the extra air coming in will still enter into the filter (look into the airbox from the inside and you'll see what I mean on the opposite side). Drill from the outside in so you don't drill into a brake line (if you have ABS). Now you have more air intake. Pop on a Techlusion or Juice Box (I use it rather than a Power Commander because you can adjust fuel manually instead of using maps) and a K&N filter, some slip on cans and you'll be raising that front tire faster than before. No detonation and my plugs are running fine-I am not leaning out.

PS: The Two Brothers cans have a fantastic sound. When you blip the throttle for a downshift, it actually sounds Harley-like. The cans can be used with and without the inserts, which decrease the sound a few decibles-I went with the inserts because without was actually a bit too loud for me.

Damn it all ta Hell! Why the fuk does this topic come up three times a year? ****!!!!!

Then again, it's been hijacked to shit and back :clapping:

That shit just don't exist. No market.

:jester: [SIZE=8pt] member in good standing of the 'Odot Charm School'[/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator: