Fender is gone.....

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scootman286

Reaction score
Finally did it. Removed the fender completely and relocated the license plate.

I LIKE IT!

5309023.jpg

5309a004.jpg

5309a005.jpg

5309a006.jpg

I have to add a bead of RTV around my plate that fills the hole, but I am not sure how long it might be before I get told to move that plate.

Not wanting to rain on your parade, but that installation is like waving a red flag at all law enforcement personnel.

It fails the visibility requirement because of location and angle of mounting, as well as the requirement for being lighted.

Is setting yourself up for frequent stops worth it? :eek:

If so... enjoy!

Don

Not wanting to rain on your parade, but that installation is like waving a red flag at all law enforcement personnel.
It fails the visibility requirement because of location and angle of mounting, as well as the requirement for being lighted.

Is setting yourself up for frequent stops worth it? :eek:

If so... enjoy!

Don
My neighbor rides a Duc. Never got stoped with stock plate location. Relocated the plate to an orientation kinda like what you have there, and has gotten stopped several times for his plate location. He carries a copy of some statute regarding license late location to show LEOs that may not recall the details. Sounds like kinda a PITA to me.

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say ........oh wait, this is the internet. :p

Nice clean job. I rather like the look, but I all too often get caught out in liquid sunshine up here in New England. I compromised by removing everything below the license tag. My lailight sometimes picks up some extra dirt, but I don't get skunk-striped either. An effective hugger would be the ticket.

Don't let the "function over form" crowd get ya down. As an example, my 80 year old Dad would drive a plywood box if it functioned properly. No need for style, only that it performs as it should. I for one like to have more style in my rides. Some times ya have to give up a little functionality to get the right look.

delete

Last edited by a moderator: