Fieldsheer mesh jacket

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I currently have the Fieldsheer Congo jacket and can't say enough good things about it. It blows plenty of air to keep you cool, yet still protective enough to keep you covered just in case.

I currently have the Fieldsheer Congo jacket and can't say enough good things about it. It blows plenty of air to keep you cool, yet still protective enough to keep you covered just in case.

I have this exact jacket. I like it better than any mesh I have had and particularly like the silver color which seems to reflect the sun rather than absorbing it like my previous mesh jacket. The armor is good and the jacket fits. I have a large and it fits well, snug but not too snug. I am 5' 10" and 205 lb. No pot belly, but big chest (44"). If I weighed 10 more lbs I cound not wear it so be careful with size.

Ed :rolleyes:

I have an older version of the Mach 8. It's a similar jacket to the one you're looking at, but, it has leather/padding in the impact areas.

I have that exact jacket. I have found I like it a lot in the warmer weathers. It breaths well. It will works well in the colder weathers, but have found that when I take the liner out and use my Toumaster heated liner it allows too much air to pass through and creates cold spots. It still works but a non-mess outer would work much better for heated gear.

Dave

This is an awesome jacket.

I rode about 80 miles today; and this jacket works really well.

This is an awesome jacket.I rode about 80 miles today; and this jacket works really well.
What temps are you riding in? I'm looking to get new jackets for my wife and I but the Fieldsheer look like it might be "hotter" than a several others. On a single day I can go from 55 to 105 back to 55...

It's mid 90's right now. We should hit upper 90's later this week.

As many others have posted, and I believe now, you do not want too much air flow when it's really hot.

This jacket allows a nice breeze to flow through; but not too much.

Riding down the road, I'm cooler with this jacket on than I was just wearing a t-shirt.

Sitting at a stoplight, I will feel a little warmth; but it's manageable.

This is my first mesh jacket.

So I don't have anything else to compare it to; but so far, I'm impressed.

I also like the Vanson and Firstgear mesh jackets.

I decided this Fieldsheer jacket would suit me the best from cool to hot temps.

<snip>I also like the Vanson and Firstgear mesh jackets.

I decided this Fieldsheer jacket would suit me the best from cool to hot temps.
I've tried on the TourMaster Intake 2 and Firstgear. The shop I stopped at for the Fieldsheer had one size too small for me. Gona have to find another or have them get one in.

Yep on the air flow. Under 98 you want flow for evaporation, over 98 you want to limit evaporation. Several years ago we went across Nevada on Hwy 80 and it was about 110 after about 10am. People gave us the funniest looks when we pulled in for gas and a water break. Stop at the pump, pull of the helmet and full leathers, then the water vest and dried out neck water collar. Get some water to drink and while my wife found cold water to recharge the vests and collar, I'd fill the bikes. Relax a bit, and put everything back on in a hurry to get moving asap and away we'd go.

The only thing better was riding along the edge of a thunderstorm that cooled the temperature way down but the raindrops hurt!

The liner that comes with the Fieldsheer is very nice.

I think this will allow the jacket to be worn down into the cool temps also.